How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820 we have 12x8.5gb HD I need to replace them with 16Gb is there any dfocumentation on how to do it. Thank You Gary...

  1. How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb

    Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820
    we have 12x8.5gb HD I need to replace them with 16Gb is there any
    dfocumentation on how to do it.
    Thank You Gary

  2. Re: How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb

    Gary Segal wrote:
    > Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820
    > we have 12x8.5gb HD I need to replace them with 16Gb is there any
    > dfocumentation on how to do it.
    > Thank You Gary

    You have a several of options depending on how you would like to
    proceed. These are teh 30,000ft overviews

    Good and Reliable Tape Drive
    #1 Perform a Go Save Option #9 (SAVE STORAGE) and a Go Save Option #21
    Pull ALL the 8GB drives out and Install at least as many 17GB Drives
    Follow the Backup and Recover Guide fro your OS Level and restore
    the SAVE Storage backup.

    #2 Same as #1 but use the Save #21 and restore the system. (this will
    take longer than #1)

    No Tape Needed, but a good backup is needed in case...

    #3 Perform a Go Save Option #9 (SAVE STORAGE) and a Go Save Option #21
    Stop RAID5 or Mirroring as required.
    Using DST REMOVE as many drive from the ASP as you have room to do.
    Power down and replace those drives with 17GB drives
    Add new drives to the ASP
    Repeat until all but the loadsource has been replaced
    Using DST COPY the loadsource to a 17GB drive
    Power down
    Replace the old loadsource with the new 17GB just copied too

  3. Re: How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb

    il 07/10/2008 23.37, Scrive Gary Segal 31106792:
    > Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820
    > we have 12x8.5gb HD I need to replace them with 16Gb is there any
    > dfocumentation on how to do it.
    > Thank You Gary

    How about spend the same amount buying a new model 515 10 times powerful
    than your 820?

  4. Re: How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...f/model820.htm

    Gary Segal wrote:
    > Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820
    > we have 12x8.5gb HD I need to replace them with 16Gb is there any
    > dfocumentation on how to do it.
    > Thank You Gary

  5. Re: How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb

    On Oct 7, 4:37*pm, Gary Segal wrote:
    > Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820
    > we have 12x8.5gb HD I need toreplacethem with 16Gb is there any
    > dfocumentation on how to do it.
    > Thank You Gary

    Gary....how did this go? Which option did you use? I am going to have
    to do this same project in the next month.
    Thanks!

  6. Re: How to replace 8.5Gb Hard drives with 16gb

    it@icsfl.com wrote:
    > On Oct 7, 4:37 pm, Gary Segal wrote:
    >> Hi, I nee to load V5R4 to our 9406 - 820
    >> we have 12x8.5gb HD I need toreplacethem with 16Gb is there any
    >> dfocumentation on how to do it.
    >> Thank You Gary

    > Gary....how did this go? Which option did you use? I am going to have
    > to do this same project in the next month.
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread