This is the first time I've tried to create a message monitor. On my console PC I am able to connect successfully to the Management Central, but when I click on Monitors - System - New Message I get an error message "An unexpected error has occurred." When I check my Management Central Server job log and the messages are:

Authentication failed for request from user QSECOFR on system IBM-Console
Errors occurred in command
Error found on CHGSYSLIBL command
Not authorized to command CHGSYSLIBL in library QSYS
Unexpected exception occurred during Management Central protocol

I am connected to Management Central using QSECOFR user ID.
I've checked the Object Authority of CHGSYSLIBL and it shows *PUBLIC = *EXCLUDE and QSYS = *ALL.

I don't know enough about this..any help would be appreciated!!