STRSST - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on STRSST - IBM AS400 ; Hi there, I forgot my userid and password for STRSST. Now I have to IPL the machine but where can I reset the user and password so that I can enter SST again while running in normal mode (no setup ...

  1. STRSST

    Hi there,

    I forgot my userid and password for STRSST. Now I have to IPL the machine
    but where can I reset the user and password so that I can enter SST again
    while running in normal mode (no setup mode)

    Thx
    Ace

  2. Re: STRSST

    Do you have the QSECOFR or SACADM authority?

    If so: CHGDSTPWD

    --
    Bob Comer

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 23:46:00 +0200, "Ace" wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I forgot my userid and password for STRSST. Now I have to IPL the machine
    >but where can I reset the user and password so that I can enter SST again
    >while running in normal mode (no setup mode)
    >
    >Thx
    >Ace

  3. Re: STRSST

    il 05/10/2008 23.46, Scrive Ace 25321952:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I forgot my userid and password for STRSST. Now I have to IPL the machine
    > but where can I reset the user and password so that I can enter SST again
    > while running in normal mode (no setup mode)
    >
    > Thx
    > Ace

    Enter the command CHGDSTPWD PASSWORD(*DEFAULT) this will change DST,
    then to enter DST you have 2 choice, manual IPL or select option 21 from
    the panel, this will show DST menu on the console.

  4. Re: STRSST

    On Oct 6, 10:46*am, "Ace" wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I forgot my userid and password for STRSST. Now I have to IPL the machine
    > but where can I reset the user and password so that I can enter SST again
    > while running in normal mode (no setup mode)
    >
    > Thx
    > Ace

    FYI, the CHGDSTPWD command can only be executed by QSECOFR (unless
    that has changed at V5R4 and above).
    You do not need to IPL to get a DST session - you can place the system
    in manual mode and dial up a 21 option on the control panel to force
    the console into DST mode. Not sure how that would be done on an HMC
    system though.
    Also, as of V5R2 (I think), the option to access SST profiles was
    added to the SST menu. If you have a profile with SST security
    privileges, you can enable, change passwords etc from there.

  5. Re: STRSST

    jsev99@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 10:46 am, "Ace" wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I forgot my userid and password for STRSST. Now I have to IPL the machine
    >> but where can I reset the user and password so that I can enter SST again
    >> while running in normal mode (no setup mode)
    >>
    >> Thx
    >> Ace

    > FYI, the CHGDSTPWD command can only be executed by QSECOFR (unless
    > that has changed at V5R4 and above).
    > You do not need to IPL to get a DST session - you can place the system
    > in manual mode and dial up a 21 option on the control panel to force
    > the console into DST mode. Not sure how that would be done on an HMC
    > system though.

    Quite easily, actually.

    If working on a v6.x HMC or below, follow the steps outlined here:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...256ef30062c05a.
    There are nice screen prints provided.

    If on a v7.x HMC or above, with the browser interface, expand the
    Systems Management node and click on Servers, then click on the server
    of interest. In the contents pane to the right, select the partition of
    interest. In the bottom pane, expand Serviceability and then Control
    Panel Functions. You'll see "(21) Activate Dedicated Service Tools" at
    the top of the list. Click on the link, and a window will pop up
    telling you "Operator panel function 21 initiated." Click OK on that
    window.

    > Also, as of V5R2 (I think), the option to access SST profiles was
    > added to the SST menu. If you have a profile with SST security
    > privileges, you can enable, change passwords etc from there.

+ Reply to Thread