Removing a drive for an ASP - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Removing a drive for an ASP - IBM AS400 ; Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. When I went add the dive the the ASP I goofed up. Instead of adding it the the ASP 1, I added it to ASP 5 which didn't ...

  1. Removing a drive for an ASP

    Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. When I went add
    the dive the the ASP I goofed up. Instead of adding it the the ASP 1,
    I added it to ASP 5 which didn't exit until I did that. What do I
    need to do to remove this from the ASP 5 and get rid of the ASP 5?

    Thanks,

    Falco

  2. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    On Oct 4, 5:43*pm, Falco wrote:
    > Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. *When I went add
    > the dive the the ASP I goofed up. *Instead of adding it the the ASP 1,
    > I added it to ASP 5 which didn't exit until I did that. *What do I
    > need to do to remove this from the ASP 5 and get rid of the ASP 5?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Falco

    Through SST you would need to move it or possibly remove and then re-
    add.

  3. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    On Oct 6, 10:53*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Oct 4, 5:43*pm, Falco wrote:
    >
    > > Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. *When I went add
    > > the dive the the ASP I goofed up. *Instead of adding it the the ASP 1,
    > > I added it to ASP 5 which didn't exit until I did that. *What do I
    > > need to do to remove this from the ASP 5 and get rid of the ASP 5?

    > > Thanks,

    > > Falco

    > Through SST you would need to move it or possibly remove and then re-
    > add.

    Do I need to go into Device Concurrent Maintenance to remove it and re-
    add it?

  4. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    On Oct 6, 11:52*am, Falco wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 10:53*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 4, 5:43*pm, Falco wrote:

    > > > Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. *When I went add
    > > > the dive the the ASP I goofed up. *Instead of adding it the the ASP1,
    > > > I added it to ASP 5 which didn't exit until I did that. *What do I
    > > > need to do to remove this from the ASP 5 and get rid of the ASP 5?

    > > > Thanks,

    > > > Falco

    > > Through SST you would need to move it or possibly remove and then re-
    > > add.

    > Do I need to go into Device Concurrent Maintenance to remove it and re-
    > add it?

    You might get other replies on how to do this:

    Signon to SST
    Go into work with disk units
    Look at options 3 and 2.
    I think you need to do option 3 remove first then option 2 to add it
    back.

  5. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    On Oct 6, 1:15*pm, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 11:52*am, Falco wrote:

    > > > Through SST you would need to move it or possibly remove and then re-
    > > > add.

    > > Do I need to go into Device Concurrent Maintenance to remove it and re-
    > > add it?

    > You might get other replies on how to do this:
    >
    > Signon to SST
    > Go into work with disk units
    > Look at options 3 and 2.
    > I think you need to do option 3 remove first then option 2 to add it
    > back.- Hide quoted text -

    I've taken every option on these menus and don't seem to find it.

    Here are my options:

    1. Display disk configuration
    2. Work with disk configuration
    3. Work with disk unit recovery

    Option 2 --->
    1. Display disk configuration
    2. Add units to ASPs
    3. Work with ASP threshold
    4. Include unit in device parity protection
    5. Enable remote load source mirroring
    6. Disable remote load source mirroring
    7. Start compression on non-configured units
    8. Add units to ASPs and balance data
    9. Start device parity protection

    Option 3 --->
    1. Replace configured unit
    2. Disk unit problem recovery procedures
    3. Suspend mirrored protection
    4. Resume mirrored protection
    5. Delete disk unit data
    6. Rebuild disk unit data
    7. Reclaim IOP cache storage

  6. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    On Oct 6, 2:18*pm, Falco wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 1:15*pm, iseriesflorida wrote:

    > > > Do I need to go into Device Concurrent Maintenance to remove it and re-
    > > > add it?

    > > You might get other replies on how to do this:

    > > Signon to SST
    > > Go into work with disk units
    > > Look at options 3 and 2.
    > > I think you need to do option 3 remove first then option 2 to add it
    > > back.- Hide quoted text -

    > I've taken every option on these menus and don't seem to find it.
    >
    > Here are my options:
    >
    > 1. Display disk configuration
    > 2. Work with disk configuration
    > 3. Work with disk unit recovery
    >
    > Option 2 --->
    > 1. Display disk configuration
    > 2. Add units to ASPs
    > 3. Work with ASP threshold
    > 4. Include unit in device parity protection
    > 5. Enable remote load source mirroring
    > 6. Disable remote load source mirroring
    > 7. Start compression on non-configured units
    > 8. Add units to ASPs and balance data
    > 9. Start device parity protection
    >
    > Option 3 --->
    > 1. Replace configured unit
    > 2. Disk unit problem recovery procedures
    > 3. Suspend mirrored protection
    > 4. Resume mirrored protection
    > 5. Delete disk unit data
    > 6. Rebuild disk unit data
    > 7. Reclaim IOP cache storage- Hide quoted text -

    If you have mirroring active you will need suspend it first I do
    believe. Then it will allow you to remove it.

    Check this as well: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...figonos400.htm

  7. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    Falco wrote in news:ac2f981e-0f2b-40f9-9306-
    e520d6024e50@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

    > Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. When I went add
    > the dive the the ASP I goofed up. Instead of adding it the the ASP 1,
    > I added it to ASP 5 which didn't exit until I did that. What do I
    > need to do to remove this from the ASP 5 and get rid of the ASP 5?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Falco

    IPL to DST (a manual IPL)
    4. Work with disk units
    1. Work with disk configuration
    3. Work with ASP configuration

    here you will find the options you need.

    --
    Ad,

    What's The Use Of Getting Sober
    (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)

  8. Re: Removing a drive for an ASP

    On Oct 6, 3:44*pm, Ad wrote:
    > Falco wrote in news:ac2f981e-0f2b-40f9-9306-
    > e520d6024...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Okay, I added a new disk drive to a Model 800 V5R3. *When I went add
    > > the dive the the ASP I goofed up. *Instead of adding it the the ASP 1,
    > > I added it to ASP 5 which didn't exit until I did that. *What do I
    > > need to do to remove this from the ASP 5 and get rid of the ASP 5?

    > > Thanks,

    > > Falco

    > IPL to DST (a manual IPL)
    > 4. Work with disk units
    > 1. Work with disk configuration
    > 3. Work with ASP configuration
    >
    > here you will find the options you need.
    >
    > --
    > Ad,
    >
    > What's The Use Of Getting Sober
    > (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)