Host Print Transform Printer vs. HPT API producing different results - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Host Print Transform Printer vs. HPT API producing different results - IBM AS400 ; I have a customer who has HPT printer set up and also is using the HPT API to create TIFF images of the spooled file. The printed version looks fine, but the API version seems to misaling the text on ...

  1. Host Print Transform Printer vs. HPT API producing different results

    I have a customer who has HPT printer set up and also is using the HPT
    API to create TIFF images of the spooled file.

    The printed version looks fine, but the API version seems to misaling
    the text on the spooled file. Like it's shifted down and the the
    right a little.

    Any idea on what would be causing this?

    Brad

  2. Re: Host Print Transform Printer vs. HPT API producing differentresults

    On Oct 2, 2:14*pm, bvstone wrote:
    > I have a customer who has HPT printer set up and also is using the HPT
    > API to create TIFF images of the spooled file.
    >
    > The printed version looks fine, but the API version seems to misaling
    > the text on the spooled file. *Like it's shifted down and the the
    > right a little.
    >
    > Any idea on what would be causing this?
    >
    > Brad

    No ideas? Rodney? This comes up a bit, so I am confused as to
    what makes a HPT Printer and the HPT API produce different results.

    I can understand the different between normal printers and HPT API to
    a point being different. Just curious where to look.

    Thanks!

  3. Re: Host Print Transform Printer vs. HPT API producing differentresults

    If I had to guess, the problem is more likely the difference in input
    parameters to the HPT API. The printer writers actually call the HPT
    API the same as an end user can do (as far back as V3R1 PTF).

    The most common problem, especially with alignment is the page size is
    seldom properly set in the printer file prior to the spooled file's
    creation.

    HPT is forced to use whatever it can to determine what the proper page
    size is. The first place that HPT will look is the printer's device
    description. If you call the HPT API without a printer, HPT must then
    attempt to figure out the page size based on other items such as the
    mfrtypmdl and/or workstation customization object. If all that fails, I
    believe hpt has some default which usually none one likes :-)

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Working on a new project. Former technical team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400)

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

+ Reply to Thread