CRTBNDRPG and unused files (RNF7066) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on CRTBNDRPG and unused files (RNF7066) - IBM AS400 ; Hi, In ILE, a declared file that is not used will not give an error. Looking in the compile listing, the only thing we see is something like: *RNF7066 00 1 Record-Format name of Externally-Described file is not used. It's ...

  1. CRTBNDRPG and unused files (RNF7066)

    Hi,

    In ILE, a declared file that is not used will not give an error.
    Looking in the compile listing, the only thing we see is something
    like:

    *RNF7066 00 1 Record-Format name of Externally-Described file is
    not used.

    It's an error-level 0, and thus cannot be somehow managed via the
    ERRGEN parameter...

    I know this situation should not happen... but we have developpers
    here who copy a program to make a new one and would "forget" to keep
    only the proper files.

    I could compile all the programs, and look for the RNF7066 error
    message. But I would like to prevent this situation in the future. Is
    there a way to block the compilation if RNF7066 is raised?

    Thx

    Jack

  2. Re: CRTBNDRPG and unused files (RNF7066)

    On Sep 26, 11:27*am, Jack wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In ILE, a declared file that is not used will not give an error.
    > Looking in the compile listing, the only thing we see is something
    > like:
    >
    > *RNF7066 00 * * *1 Record-Format name of Externally-Described file is
    > not used.
    >
    > It's an error-level 0, and thus cannot be somehow managed via the
    > ERRGEN parameter...
    >
    > I know this situation should not happen... but we have developpers
    > here who copy a program to make a new one and would "forget" to keep
    > only the proper files.
    >
    > I could compile all the programs, and look for the RNF7066 error
    > message. But I would like to prevent this situation in the future. Is
    > there a way to block the compilation if RNF7066 is raised?
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Jack

    I didn't test this but I think you could raise the severity of the
    message and it would stop compilation. I believe severity of 30 or
    over stops compilation.

    WRKMSGD MSGID(RNF7066) MSGF(QDEVTOOLS/QRPGLEMSG) and then do a 2 on
    the message to change it's severity.

  3. Re: CRTBNDRPG and unused files (RNF7066)

    Hi,

    I did as you said, and it's a bit... weird. Here 2 excerpts from the
    same compile listing:

    =======================
    A d d i t i o n a l D i a g n o s t i c M e s s a g e
    Msg id Sv Statement Message
    text
    *RNF7066 00 007800 Record-Format ACF100 not used for input or
    output.

    M e s s a g e S u m m a r
    Msg id Sv Number Message
    text
    *RNF7066 20 1 Record-Format name of Externally-Described file is
    not used.
    =======================

    In one section, the severity is "00", while in the other section, it
    is shown as a severity "20"...

    And GENLVL(10) does not trap the failed compile. It seems it checks
    the severity in the "Additional Diagnostic" section, since the compile
    works fine...

    On 26 sep, 17:54, Thad Rizzi wrote:
    > On Sep 26, 11:27*am, Jack wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > In ILE, a declared file that is not used will not give an error.
    > > Looking in the compile listing, the only thing we see is something
    > > like:

    > > *RNF7066 00 * * *1 Record-Format name of Externally-Described file is
    > > not used.

    > > It's an error-level 0, and thus cannot be somehow managed via the
    > > ERRGEN parameter...

    > > I know this situation should not happen... but we have developpers
    > > here who copy a program to make a new one and would "forget" to keep
    > > only the proper files.

    > > I could compile all the programs, and look for the RNF7066 error
    > > message. But I would like to prevent this situation in the future. Is
    > > there a way to block the compilation if RNF7066 is raised?

    > > Thx

    > > Jack

    > I didn't test this but I think you could raise the severity of the
    > message and it would stop compilation. *I believe severity of 30 or
    > over stops compilation.
    >
    > WRKMSGD MSGID(RNF7066) MSGF(QDEVTOOLS/QRPGLEMSG) and then do a 2 on
    > the message to change it's severity.- Masquer le texte des messages prÚcÚdents -
    >
    > - Afficher le texte des messages prÚcÚdents -

+ Reply to Thread