Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options? - IBM AS400 ; On Sep 23, 2:58*pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote: > You can install the base os products. > > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza ... > 9xx02.htm > > We got a donated 720 machine a few years back. > I called IBM and got the ...

  1. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 23, 2:58*pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    > You can install the base os products.
    >
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza...
    > 9xx02.htm
    >
    > We got a donated 720 machine a few years back.
    > I called IBM and got the key for 5722-SS1 FEATURE(5050)
    > We ran some java and RPG apps and some VARPG apps on it.
    >
    > The way it was explained to me was that every server comes with the base
    > os.
    > If you have the cd's it should cost nothing to get started with the base
    > os.
    >
    > Bill

    > ,

    Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    after all. Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    at IBM? I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    page to look for contact information?

    Thanks again!

  2. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 23, 11:38*pm, greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 2:58*pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    >

    > > You can install the base os products.

    > >http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza...
    > > 9xx02.htm

    > > We got a donated 720 machine a few years back.
    > > I called IBM and got the key for 5722-SS1 FEATURE(5050)
    > > We ran some java and RPG apps and some VARPG apps on it.

    > > The way it was explained to me was that every server comes with the base
    > > os.
    > > If you have the cd's it should cost nothing to get started with the base
    > > os.

    > > Bill

    > > ,

    > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > after all. *Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > at IBM? *I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > page to look for contact information?
    >
    > Thanks again!- Hide quoted text -

    You can install software but most if not all it will only run I think
    for 70 days including the OS.
    Here are some BP's you could try calling.

    Mainline.com
    Dynamixgroup.com

  3. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 24, 6:49*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 11:38*pm, greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 23, 2:58*pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:

    > > > You can install the base os products.

    > > >http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza....
    > > > 9xx02.htm

    > > > We got a donated 720 machine a few years back.
    > > > I called IBM and got the key for 5722-SS1 FEATURE(5050)
    > > > We ran some java and RPG apps and some VARPG apps on it.

    > > > The way it was explained to me was that every server comes with the base
    > > > os.
    > > > If you have the cd's it should cost nothing to get started with the base
    > > > os.

    > > > Bill

    > > > ,

    > > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > > after all. *Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > > one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > > at IBM? *I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > > sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > > page to look for contact information?

    > > Thanks again!- Hide quoted text -

    > You can install software but most if not all it will only run I think
    > for 70 days including the OS.
    > Here are some BP's you could try calling.
    >
    > Mainline.com
    > Dynamixgroup.com

    Is this referring to getting the OS media from a reseller?

    Thanks.

  4. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 24, 6:49*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 11:38*pm, greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 23, 2:58*pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:

    > > > You can install the base os products.

    > > >http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza....
    > > > 9xx02.htm

    > > > We got a donated 720 machine a few years back.
    > > > I called IBM and got the key for 5722-SS1 FEATURE(5050)
    > > > We ran some java and RPG apps and some VARPG apps on it.

    > > > The way it was explained to me was that every server comes with the base
    > > > os.
    > > > If you have the cd's it should cost nothing to get started with the base
    > > > os.

    > > > Bill

    > > > ,

    > > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > > after all. *Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > > one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > > at IBM? *I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > > sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > > page to look for contact information?

    > > Thanks again!- Hide quoted text -

    > You can install software but most if not all it will only run I think
    > for 70 days including the OS.
    > Here are some BP's you could try calling.
    >
    > Mainline.com
    > Dynamixgroup.com

    Does this refer to if I get OS media from a reseller?

    Thanks.

  5. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 24, 3:55*pm, greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 6:49*am, iseriesflorida wrote:

    > > > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > > > after all. *Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > > > one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > > > at IBM? *I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > > > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > > > sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > > > page to look for contact information?

    > > > Thanks again!- Hide quoted text -

    > > You can install software but most if not all it will only run I think
    > > for 70 days including the OS.
    > > Here are some BP's you could try calling.

    > > Mainline.com
    > > Dynamixgroup.com

    > Is this referring to getting the OS media from a reseller?
    >
    > Thanks.

    It doesn't make a difference where you get the OS media from. Once
    installed you'll have 70 days to enter the appropriate license
    key(s). After that period, the next IPL will fail.

  6. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 24, 11:20*am, greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 6:49*am, iseriesflorida wrote:

    > > > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > > > after all. *Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > > > one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > > > at IBM? *I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > > > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > > > sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > > > page to look for contact information?

    > > > Thanks again!- Hide quoted text -

    > > You can install software but most if not all it will only run I think
    > > for 70 days including the OS.
    > > Here are some BP's you could try calling.

    > > Mainline.com
    > > Dynamixgroup.com

    > Does this refer to if I get OS media from a reseller?
    >
    > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

    It will not matter who you get the media from, OS and all program
    products without proper licenses will not run after 70 days, someone
    else in the group might be able to correct me on this but I believe
    this to be true.

  7. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 24, 2:14*pm, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 11:20*am, greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > You can install software but most if not all it will only run I think
    > > > for 70 days including theOS.
    > > > Here are some BP's you could try calling.

    > > > Mainline.com
    > > > Dynamixgroup.com

    > > Does this refer to if I getOSmedia from a reseller?

    > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

    > It will not matter who you get the media from,OSand all program
    > products without proper licenses will not run after 70 days, someone
    > else in the group might be able to correct me on this but I believe
    > this to be true.

    That sounds right, I had seen another machine that said it would stop
    working in 60 days. I will try to contact the resellers that you
    listed iseriesflorida and see if I can purchase/acquire OS/400
    installation media. I think this is the hardest machine I've ever
    come across to use!

    Thanks again.

  8. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    Email: uskeys@dk.ibm.com
    Phone: 1-800-446-8989

    This link is where you can add servers and get your licence key if you have
    the correct information from your original IBM order, but in your case you
    probably don't have that.
    I find this site a little confusing and hard to use sometimes.

    https://www-05.ibm.com/servers/eserv...penServlet.wss

    Bill

    <04fa30e5-53c9-4a89-aa6b-0281225cedd1@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 2:58 pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    >> You can install the base os products.
    >>
    >> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza...
    >> 9xx02.htm
    >>
    >> We got a donated 720 machine a few years back.
    >> I called IBM and got the key for 5722-SS1 FEATURE(5050)
    >> We ran some java and RPG apps and some VARPG apps on it.
    >>
    >> The way it was explained to me was that every server comes with the base
    >> os.
    >> If you have the cd's it should cost nothing to get started with the base
    >> os.
    >>
    >> Bill

    >> ,

    > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > after all. Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > one, no OS CDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > at IBM? I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > sell me a new system, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > page to look for contact information?
    >
    > Thanks again!

  9. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 25, 10:20*am, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    > Email: usk...@dk.ibm.com *
    > Phone: 1-800-446-8989
    >
    > This link is where you can add servers and get your licence key if you have
    > the correct information from your original IBM order, but in your case you
    > probably don't have that.
    > I find this site a little confusing and hard to use sometimes.
    >
    > https://www-05.ibm.com/servers/eserv...penServlet.wss
    >
    > Bill

    > <04fa30e5-53c9-4a89-aa6b-0281225ce...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > wrote:
    > > On Sep 23, 2:58 pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    > >> You can install the baseosproducts.

    > >>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza....
    > >> 9xx02.htm

    > >> We got a donated 720 machine a few years back.
    > >> I called IBM and got the key for 5722-SS1 FEATURE(5050)
    > >> We ran some java and RPG apps and some VARPG apps on it.

    > >> The way it was explained to me was that every server comes with the base
    > >>os.
    > >> If you have the cd's it should cost nothing to get started with the base
    > >>os.

    > >> Bill

    > >> ,

    > > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    > > after all. *Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    > > one,noOSCDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    > > at IBM? *I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    > > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    > > sell me a newsystem, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    > > page to look for contact information?

    > > Thanks again!

    Thanks fro the info, as you surmised, I do not have any information on
    the unit other than its serial number.

  10. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    greymeister@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 2:14 pm, iseriesflorida wrote:

    >>>Does this refer to if I getOSmedia from a reseller?

    >>>Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

    >>It will not matter who you get the media from,OSand all program
    >>products without proper licenses will not run after 70 days, someone
    >>else in the group might be able to correct me on this but I believe
    >>this to be true.

    > That sounds right, I had seen another machine that said it would stop
    > working in 60 days. I will try to contact the resellers that you
    > listed iseriesflorida and see if I can purchase/acquire OS/400
    > installation media. I think this is the hardest machine I've ever
    > come across to use!
    >
    > Thanks again.

    What proprietary machines have you come across before that you could
    just load anything you want on and run?????

    Had you purchased the system through a reseller, the system would have
    been preinstalled and setup. All you would have had to do is plug it in
    and start playing.

    If the party you bought the system from would have supplied you with the
    install cds, all you'd have had to do is do a d-mode ipl with the
    install media in the cd drive and replace the cds as requested following
    prompts on the screen similar in concept to any other OS install.

    I'm having a hard time understanding your basis for your statement "I
    think this is the hardest machine I've ever come across to use!".

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Working on a new project. Former technical team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400)

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

  11. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    > What proprietary machines have you come across before that you could
    > just load anything you want on and run?????
    >
    > Had you purchased the system through a reseller, the system would have
    > been preinstalled and setup. *All you would have had to do is plug it in
    > and start playing.
    >
    > If the party you bought the system from would have supplied you with the
    > install cds, all you'd have had to do is do a d-mode ipl with the
    > install media in the cd drive and replace the cds as requested following
    > prompts on the screen similar in concept to any other OS install.
    >
    > I'm having a hard time understanding your basis for your statement "I
    > think this is the hardest machine I've ever come across to use!".
    >
    > --
    > Rodney A Johnson
    > Working on a new project. *Former technical team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400)
    > Spool
    > Dept 33A
    > IBM * Rochester, Minnesota

    Hi Rodney,
    While I don't agree with the OP that the iSeries is hard to use, in
    fact I think it's very easy. I do think he makes a good point about
    how hard it is to find out about OS licensing, and more than likely
    how expensive it could be for him. I guess it depends what you call a
    proprietary machine, but say if you buy a SPARC box off eBay, you just
    pop over to sun.com and download the latest version of Solaris for
    free, no registration keys required. Even if I bought an Alpha/DEC
    machine, I could get a hobbyist license for the cost of media for
    OpenVMS.

    With IBM, there is a lot of calling around business partners, and no-
    where I can see on ibm.com to get a straight answer about pricing. And
    I would also hazard a guess there is no hobbyist/enthusiast scheme.

    Don't get me wrong, I think the iSeries is a great machine, and I'm
    always keen to learn more about it, but that learning is tricky when
    you can't get the OS/tools/compilers for a reasonable cost. I think
    that will be to IBM's detriment, it's the young/newcomers to the
    platform now who could become important developers in the future.

    All the best

    Garry

  12. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 25, 6:56*pm, "Rodney A. Johnson" wrote:
    > greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >>It will not matter who you get the media from,OSand all program
    > >>products without proper licenses will not run after 70 days, someone
    > >>else in the group might be able to correct me on this but I believe
    > >>this to be true.

    > > That sounds right, I had seen another machine that said it would stop
    > > working in 60 days. *I will try to contact the resellers that you
    > > listed iseriesflorida and see if I can purchase/acquireOS/400
    > > installation media. *I think this is the hardest machine I've ever
    > > come across to use!

    > > Thanks again.

    > What proprietary machines have you come across before that you could
    > just load anything you want on and run?????
    >
    > Had you purchased the system through a reseller, the system would have
    > been preinstalled and setup. *All you would have had to do is plug it in
    > and start playing.
    >
    > If the party you bought the system from would have supplied you with the
    > install cds, all you'd have had to do is do a d-mode ipl with the
    > install media in the cd drive and replace the cds as requested following
    > prompts on the screen similar in concept to any otherOSinstall.
    >
    > I'm having a hard time understanding your basis for your statement "I
    > think this is the hardest machine I've ever come across to use!".
    >
    > --
    > Rodney A Johnson
    > Working on a new project. *Former technical team Lead for i5/OS(AS/400)
    > Spool
    > Dept 33A
    > IBM * Rochester, Minnesota
    >
    > The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
    > This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
    > my employer, IBM. *All responsibility for the statements
    > made in this Usenet posting resides solely and completely with the
    > sender.

    As much as you specified your argument to "proprietary machines",
    thegman is exactly correct because Sun boxes and even RS/6000 machines
    from IBM are easy enough to get an operating system installed on. I
    can't think of any other modern machines that wouldn't be easy. The
    iSeries is the only one that can't run anything but IBM's software
    which is not easily available.

    I didn't mean to invoke IBM advocates' wrath with this thread but I
    stand by my comment.

  13. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    > As much as you specified your argument to "proprietary machines",
    > thegman is exactly correct because Sun boxes and even RS/6000 machines
    > from IBM are easy enough to get an operating system installed on. *I
    > can't think of any other modern machines that wouldn't be easy. *The
    > iSeries is the only one that can't run anything but IBM's software
    > which is not easily available.
    >
    > I didn't mean to invoke IBM advocates' wrath with this thread but I
    > stand by my comment.

    As tricky as it is to get OS/400 or i5/OS, I'd heartily recommend that
    you persevere with it, and maybe let us know what progress you make.

    I don't mean any offence to Linux guys, but installing Linux on a
    machine which can run OS/400 is a bit of a waste, as you could
    probably get a PC of similar speed to an old AS/400 for $100 and get
    much better hardware compatibility, and I say that as long time UNIX
    guy.

    I'd second the recommendation to contact IBM and tell them you're a
    developer and want to know about schemes they've got. You'll probably
    get passed around a dozen departments before you talk to the right
    person, but it might be a way to get the OS *much* cheaper.

  14. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    greymeister@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 6:56 pm, "Rodney A. Johnson" wrote:
    >
    >>greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:

    >>>That sounds right, I had seen another machine that said it would stop
    >>>working in 60 days. I will try to contact the resellers that you
    >>>listed iseriesflorida and see if I can purchase/acquireOS/400
    >>>installation media. I think this is the hardest machine I've ever
    >>>come across to use!

    >>>Thanks again.

    >>What proprietary machines have you come across before that you could
    >>just load anything you want on and run?????
    >>
    >>Had you purchased the system through a reseller, the system would have
    >>been preinstalled and setup. All you would have had to do is plug it in
    >>and start playing.
    >>
    >>If the party you bought the system from would have supplied you with the
    >>install cds, all you'd have had to do is do a d-mode ipl with the
    >>install media in the cd drive and replace the cds as requested following
    >>prompts on the screen similar in concept to any otherOSinstall.
    >>
    >>I'm having a hard time understanding your basis for your statement "I
    >>think this is the hardest machine I've ever come across to use!".
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rodney A Johnson
    >>Working on a new project. Former technical team Lead for i5/OS(AS/400)
    >>Spool
    >>Dept 33A
    >>IBM Rochester, Minnesota
    >>
    >>The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
    >>This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
    >>my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    >>made in this Usenet posting resides solely and completely with the
    >>sender.

    > As much as you specified your argument to "proprietary machines",
    > thegman is exactly correct because Sun boxes and even RS/6000 machines
    > from IBM are easy enough to get an operating system installed on. I
    > can't think of any other modern machines that wouldn't be easy. The
    > iSeries is the only one that can't run anything but IBM's software
    > which is not easily available.
    >
    > I didn't mean to invoke IBM advocates' wrath with this thread but I
    > stand by my comment.

    Personally I don't consider the system i in the same class as sparc,
    sun, or RS/6000 with AIX. System i is more of a mainframe then a mini.

    I don't see many buying up old mainframes and expecting to put the
    native OS on them.

    The systems to which you compare the system i with, I agree that pricing
    and availability are not competive...but then I don't believe they were
    all that competive for the new release stuff either...hence the decline
    in system i sales over the last 10 years.

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Working on a new project. Former technical team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400)
    Spool
    Dept 33A
    IBM Rochester, Minnesota

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

  15. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    You should still be able to get a license key, I was able to with just the
    serial number.

    One thing I should point out before you try get any CDs is that you should
    get the key first so you know what version you will have to install.

    You should get a license key for the latest version for whatever IBM has on
    record for that serial number.

    If the previous owner bought it with V5R2 and then upgraded to V5R3, you
    should get a V5R3 license key.

    <346bce5e-58c2-4d45-92d6-3deee39e7227@g17g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 10:20 am, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    >> Email: usk...@dk.ibm.com
    >> Phone: 1-800-446-8989
    >>
    >> This link is where you can add servers and get your licence key if you

    > have
    >> the correct information from your original IBM order, but in your case

    > you
    >> probably don't have that.
    >> I find this site a little confusing and hard to use sometimes.
    >>
    >> https://www-05.ibm.com/servers/eserv...penServlet.wss
    >>
    >> Bill

    >> <04fa30e5-53c9-4a89-aa6b-0281225ce...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    >>
    >> wrote:

    >>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza...

    > base

    > base

    >> > Thanks for the information, this sounds like it may not be a wash
    >> > after all. Unfortunately, the only CD I've found was a diagnostic
    >> > one,noOSCDs, is there still a possibility to get a set from someone
    >> > at IBM? I've also had alot of problems trying to contact IBM for
    >> > assistance with this as every time as I mentioned they're wanting to
    >> > sell me a newsystem, is there somewhere other than the iSeries sales
    >> > page to look for contact information?

    >> > Thanks again!

    > Thanks fro the info, as you surmised, I do not have any information on
    > the unit other than its serial number.

  16. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Sep 29, 2:27*pm, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    > You should still be able to get a license key, I was able to with just the
    > serial number.
    >
    > One thing I should point out before you try get any CDs is that you should
    > get the key first so you know what version you will have to install.
    >
    > You should get a license key for the latest version for whatever IBM has on
    > record for that serial number.
    >
    > If the previous owner bought it with V5R2 and then upgraded to V5R3, you
    > should get a V5R3 license key.

    > <346bce5e-58c2-4d45-92d6-3deee39e7...@g17g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > wrote:
    > > On Sep 25, 10:20 am, "Bill Thompson" wrote:
    > >> Email: usk...@dk.ibm.com *
    > >> Phone: 1-800-446-8989

    > >> This link is where you can add servers and get your licence key if you

    > > have
    > >> the correct information from your original IBM order, but in your case

    > > you
    > >> probably don't have that.
    > >> I find this site a little confusing and hard to use sometimes.

    > >>https://www-05.ibm.com/servers/eserv...penServlet.wss

    > >> Bill

    > >> <04fa30e5-53c9-4a89-aa6b-0281225ce...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

    > >>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...opic/rzahc/rza....

    > > base

    > > base

    > > Thanks fro the info, as you surmised, I do not have any information on
    > > the unit other than its serial number.

    I have been told it will only work with OS/400 V5R3 or later, but
    further than that I do not know.

  17. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    No sense guessing:

    https://www-304.ibm.com/systems/supp...osmapping.html

    greymeister@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have been told it will only work with OS/400 V5R3 or later, but
    > further than that I do not know.

  18. Re: 9406-810 System with no OS...options?

    On Oct 1, 11:43*am, Pat Barber wrote:
    > Nosense guessing:
    >
    > https://www-304.ibm.com/systems/supp...rade/osmapping....
    >
    > greymeis...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I have been told it will only work withOS/400 V5R3 or later, but
    > > further than that I do not know.

    Hey, thanks for the info, this seems to indicate V5R2 would work which
    is contrary to what I heard. Nevertheless I still haven't been able
    to make any headway in getting installation media, the guy who posted
    earlier's email address bounced so I guess I will try to contact a
    reseller, still not sure how that conversation will go. If anyone
    else can help me out let me know. This thread has been very helpful
    though, thanks to everyone so far!

+ Reply to Thread