hi,

I am currently handling some EDI processing for SAP and i have a batch job which transfers data from the SAP server to the EDI Gateway via FTP. the sequence of commands are as follows:

> connect to the gateway
>ascii
> quote CRTP FILE(DCEDIPDTA/INVPIBR) RCDLEN(1063) SIZE(*NOMAX)
> PUT /sap-path-for-files-to-be-transferred DCEDIPDTA/INVPIBR.INVPIBR
> quote RCMD CALL PGM(DCEDIPDTA/INVPIBRCV)

however the problem is that it fails at the PUT command. I have taken a look the files, they are plain text. however they also have spanish accent marks (like etc..). this occurs randomly. sometimes it gets completed, sometimes it fails. anybody have any idea on why this command can fail? also, i am not that familiar with the commands,the only hint i have of those commands are:

ascii - set the ftp transfer for ascii files, meaning it is text.
quote - make the gateway perform the command ( CRTP or RMCD)
put - transfer files from SAP to the gateway

RCMD - no idea, is this remote command? as well as the other parameters
CRTP - create file i think. no idea for the other parameters.

please note this batch job is run by the SAP system.

any comment or explanation for the commands will be appreciated.

thanks a lot.