Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval. - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval. - IBM AS400 ; Anyone have a code example of this....

  1. Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    Anyone have a code example of this.

  2. Re: Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    On Sep 18, 1:16*pm, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > Anyone have a code example of this.

    Can you just use a DDMF AS400-AS400? Otherwise you could try SOAP, its
    cross platform & should be easier to port if your apps change?

    Jonathan.

  3. Re: Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    iseriesflorida wrote:
    > Anyone have a code example of this.

    That's a pretty generic question. Could you be more specific?

  4. Re: Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    On Sep 19, 2:28*pm, "Bradley V. Stone"
    wrote:
    > iseriesflorida wrote:
    > > Anyone have a code example of this.

    > That's a pretty generic question. *Could you be more specific?

    Sorry, looking to get records back from an SQL server or an Oracle
    server based on some table, then retrieve the records and do something
    with those records on the 400 via RPG.

  5. Re: Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 2:28 pm, "Bradley V. Stone"
    > wrote:
    >> iseriesflorida wrote:
    >>> Anyone have a code example of this.

    >> That's a pretty generic question. Could you be more specific?

    > Sorry, looking to get records back from an SQL server or an Oracle
    > server based on some table, then retrieve the records and do something
    > with those records on the 400 via RPG.

    Using what sort of interface? Web service? Stored procedure?
    Proprietary connection? Rubber bands? (sorry, added that one since is
    Saturday and I'm tired. )

    Do you have someone on the other end of this (these) DBs telling you how
    to do it, or do you have to figure that all out yourself?

  6. Re: Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    if you have some java knowledge, this would be no big problem. I have an
    open source framework available at
    http://www.bender-dv.de/Sourcen/AppServer4RPG.ZIP
    the site is written in german language, but the download has a howto.html in
    english language.
    Using this framework you will get much better performance and scalability
    than using the JNI support of the rpg compiler to call Java

    Dieter Bender

    iseriesflorida wrote:

    > On Sep 19, 2:28*pm, "Bradley V. Stone"
    > wrote:
    >> iseriesflorida wrote:
    >> > Anyone have a code example of this.

    >> That's a pretty generic question. *Could you be more specific?

    > Sorry, looking to get records back from an SQL server or an Oracle
    > server based on some table, then retrieve the records and do something
    > with those records on the 400 via RPG.

  7. Re: Example RPG call to remote server for record retrieval.

    On Sep 21, 9:58*am, dieter.ben...@t-online.de wrote:
    > if you have some java knowledge, this would be no big problem. I have an
    > open source framework available athttp://www.bender-dv.de/Sourcen/AppServer4RPG.ZIP
    > the site is written in german language, but the download has a howto.htmlin
    > english language.
    > Using this framework you will get much better performance and scalability
    > than using the JNI support of the rpg compiler to call Java
    >
    > Dieter Bender
    >

    > iseriesflorida wrote:
    > > On Sep 19, 2:28*pm, "Bradley V. Stone"
    > > wrote:

    > >> That's a pretty generic question. *Could you be more specific?

    > > Sorry, looking to get records back from an SQL server or an Oracle
    > > server based on some table, then retrieve the records and do something
    > > with those records on the 400 via RPG.- Hide quoted text -

    It is a new project, I do believe I will be able get the remote tables
    names etc.

+ Reply to Thread