Perl for System i - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Perl for System i - IBM AS400 ; http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/soft...shellperl.html...

  1. Perl for System i

  2. Re: Perl for System i

    On Sep 17, 10:49*am, Andreas Weller wrote:
    > http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/soft...shellperl.html

    That's probably the really old version of Perl that was done many
    years ago. It is not very stable any more.

    Though I'd love to find out otherwise.

  3. Re: Perl for System i

    WDS wrote:
    > On Sep 17, 10:49 am, Andreas Weller wrote:
    >> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/soft...shellperl.html

    > That's probably the really old version of Perl that was done many
    > years ago. It is not very stable any more.
    >
    > Though I'd love to find out otherwise.

    More current versions of Perl (and more) in the Tools for Developers for
    i5/OS PRPQ here:
    http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable...porting/tools/
    this PRPQ is available as a free web download

    Note there are two versions:
    A newer 5799PTL V5R4M0 version for i releases 5.4 and 6.1
    An older 5799PTL V4R5M5 version for i releases 5.4 and earlier

    --
    -----
    Walt Madden

  4. Re: Perl for System i

    Walt Madden schrieb:
    > Note there are two versions:
    > A newer 5799PTL V5R4M0 version for i releases 5.4 and 6.1
    > An older 5799PTL V4R5M5 version for i releases 5.4 and earlier

    Thanks a lot for this information. The other version did'nt make it on
    our i5. I'll try this one.

  5. Re: Perl for System i

    Andreas Weller schrieb:
    > Walt Madden schrieb:
    >> Note there are two versions:
    >> A newer 5799PTL V5R4M0 version for i releases 5.4 and 6.1

    Cool, this one works, and it was easy to install.

+ Reply to Thread