QPZAnnnnnn and QSInnnnnn files in QSYSDIR - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on QPZAnnnnnn and QSInnnnnn files in QSYSDIR - IBM AS400 ; Hi, Very short in disk space on one of our LPAR, I need to cleanup and save precious bytes, so because these filesnames look like PTF files, and because all PTFs are applied on my system, can I remove such ...

  1. QPZAnnnnnn and QSInnnnnn files in QSYSDIR

    Hi,

    Very short in disk space on one of our LPAR, I need to cleanup and
    save precious bytes, so because these filesnames look like PTF files,
    and because all PTFs are applied on my system, can I remove such
    files?

    Thanks in advance

    JCG

  2. Re: QPZAnnnnnn and QSInnnnnn files in QSYSDIR

    jcgonzales wrote in news:2bf9b9df-1c91-4915-9dfb-
    5d49aed385d7@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Very short in disk space on one of our LPAR, I need to cleanup and
    > save precious bytes, so because these filesnames look like PTF files,
    > and because all PTFs are applied on my system, can I remove such
    > files?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > JCG

    Apply the PTF also Permanent
    after that DLTPTF
    for QSI* do a DSPOBJJD DETAIL(*SERVICE) an look at the Version i5/OS
    i think it is save to delete QSI* if from previous release

    and take a look at
    http://www-
    912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/2905aa0dabd2
    17a186256a5b0057ef4b?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,disk,cleanup

    --
    Ad,

    What's The Use Of Getting Sober
    (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)