Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ? - IBM AS400 ; Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ? My code ... OVRPRTF FILE(QPRINT) USRDTA(JVACONSL) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) RUNJVA CLASS(com.mapforce.MappingConsole) + PARM(&INPUT &OUTPUT &PATH) + CLASSPATH(&CLASSPATH) PROP((java.version + &Q1JAVA)) OUTPUT(*PRINT) DLTOVR FILE(QPRINT) LVL(*JOB) Thanks for any help, Ron...

  1. Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?

    Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?

    My code ...

    OVRPRTF FILE(QPRINT) USRDTA(JVACONSL) OVRSCOPE(*JOB)

    RUNJVA CLASS(com.mapforce.MappingConsole) +
    PARM(&INPUT &OUTPUT &PATH) +
    CLASSPATH(&CLASSPATH) PROP((java.version +
    &Q1JAVA)) OUTPUT(*PRINT)

    DLTOVR FILE(QPRINT) LVL(*JOB)

    Thanks for any help,
    Ron

  2. Re: Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?

    On Sep 11, 2:12*pm, Ron wrote:
    > Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?
    >
    > My code ...
    >
    > OVRPRTF * *FILE(QPRINT) USRDTA(JVACONSL) OVRSCOPE(*JOB)
    >
    > RUNJVA * * CLASS(com.mapforce.MappingConsole) +
    > * * * * * * *PARM(&INPUT &OUTPUT &PATH) +
    > * * * * * * *CLASSPATH(&CLASSPATH) PROP((java.version +
    > * * * * * * *&Q1JAVA)) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
    >
    > DLTOVR * * FILE(QPRINT) LVL(*JOB)
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Ron

    I think you will find that if you look at your active jobs while the
    RUNJVA is running there is a new BATCHI job started which dosnt have
    the OVRPRTF applied to it. It may be that you can use a system()
    function in java to do the ovrprtf for the new job.

    HTH
    Jonathan

  3. Re: Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?

    il 11/09/2008 15.12, Scrive Ron 43190976:
    > Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?
    >
    > My code ...
    >
    > OVRPRTF FILE(QPRINT) USRDTA(JVACONSL) OVRSCOPE(*JOB)
    >
    > RUNJVA CLASS(com.mapforce.MappingConsole) +
    > PARM(&INPUT &OUTPUT &PATH) +
    > CLASSPATH(&CLASSPATH) PROP((java.version +
    > &Q1JAVA)) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
    >
    > DLTOVR FILE(QPRINT) LVL(*JOB)
    >

    > Thanks for any help,
    > Ron

    Depending on your needs, you may want to override standard-output and
    standard-error. This case you can enter a two pairs of jvm arguments,
    that is:
    os400.stdout file:///home/output/java.stdout
    os400.stderr file:///home/output/java.stderr
    adding the parameter
    PROP((os400.stdout 'file:///home/output/java.stdout')
    (os400.stderr 'file:///home/output/java.stderr'))
    to your RUNJVA command. This correspond to -D options for java command
    (either in qshell and pc side)

  4. Re: Why doesn't OVRPRTF QPRINT work for RUNJVA ?

    I know about these override possibilties, but that's not the same as
    overriding the spooled files I get at this moment. I want te keep the
    QPRINT spooled files. I only want to be able to prevent them from
    actually being printed.

+ Reply to Thread