V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users - IBM AS400 ; In v6r1, How does the system determine the # of active system users? Is it based on interactive users or some other method?...

  1. V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users

    In v6r1, How does the system determine the # of active system users?
    Is it based on interactive users or some other method?

  2. Re: V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users

    il 10/09/2008 16.57, Scrive james.greene@e-logimax.com 43190976:
    > In v6r1, How does the system determine the # of active system users?
    > Is it based on interactive users or some other method?

    I guess it simpli count new user profiles created. The os licence is not
    based on active users, but how many people are allowed to use the system.

  3. Re: V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users

    On Sep 10, 12:44*pm, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:
    > il 10/09/2008 16.57, Scrive james.gre...@e-logimax.com 43190976:> In v6r1, How does the system determine the # of active system users?
    > > Is it based on interactive users or some other method?

    > I guess it simpli count new user profiles created. The os licence is not
    > based on active users, but how many people are allowed to use the system.
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    Thanks for the response. I had heard that they changed the licensing
    with 6.1 and was wondering if it was concurrent users, named users or
    something else, and how web users may affect that count.

  4. Re: V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users

    il 10/09/2008 19.55, Scrive james.greene@e-logimax.com 43190976:
    > On Sep 10, 12:44 pm, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > wrote:
    >> il 10/09/2008 16.57, Scrive james.gre...@e-logimax.com 43190976:> In v6r1, How does the system determine the # of active system users?
    >>> Is it based on interactive users or some other method?

    >> I guess it simpli count new user profiles created. The os licence is not
    >> based on active users, but how many people are allowed to use the system.

    > Thanks for the response. I had heard that they changed the licensing
    > with 6.1 and was wondering if it was concurrent users, named users or
    > something else, and how web users may affect that count.

    I think that web users are not counted at all.

  5. Re: V6.1 i series - Determine number of active system users

    User profiles is the method used.

    james.greene@e-logimax.com wrote:
    > In v6r1, How does the system determine the # of active system users?
    > Is it based on interactive users or some other method?

+ Reply to Thread