DNS and AS/400 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on DNS and AS/400 - IBM AS400 ; I was wondering what is the better selection to host DNS. iSeries at V5R3 or Window 2003 Server? ... or does it matter? I am moving from V4R4 which host the DNS to and new box V5R3. Thanks for your ...

  1. DNS and AS/400

    I was wondering what is the better selection to host DNS. iSeries at
    V5R3 or Window 2003 Server? ... or does it matter? I am moving from
    V4R4 which host the DNS to and new box V5R3.

    Thanks for your comments.

  2. Re: DNS and AS/400

    On Sep 9, 11:18*pm, Falco wrote:
    > I was wondering what is the better selection to host DNS. *iSeries at
    > V5R3 or Window 2003 Server? *... or does it matter? *I am moving from
    > V4R4 which host the DNS to and new box V5R3.
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    Your IFS entries including your DNS configs should migrate to your new
    machine. If you don't have any compelling reason to convert then I
    guess I would not. Is the DNS needed as a part of your DR plan, if it
    is then you might want to consider what tape all the configs are one
    etc, in this case it would be the I5.

+ Reply to Thread