Management Central on V5R3 problem - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Management Central on V5R3 problem - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I'm trying to run CPU monitor on iSeriesNavigator on V5R3 system. I've started Management Central job (QYPSJSVR) job. I see on joblog that MGTC job runs fine. CPIB9B5 - Management Central server McServer on port 5544,5555 started as Central. ...

  1. Management Central on V5R3 problem

    Hi.
    I'm trying to run CPU monitor on iSeriesNavigator on V5R3 system.
    I've started Management Central job (QYPSJSVR) job. I see on joblog that
    MGTC job runs fine.
    CPIB9B5 - Management Central server McServer on port 5544,5555 started
    as Central.

    Then on ManagementCentral tab I've configured CPU monitor which fails to
    start.
    On QYPSJSVR job log I see:
    CPFB92A - Unexpected exception occurred during Management Central protocol.
    Cause . . . . . : An unexpected protocol exception occurred on system
    myibm.customer.pl.
    Recovery . . . : If the problem persists, contact service.

    Message ID . . . . . . : CPFB96B

    Date sent . . . . . . : 09/09/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
    10:38:20

    Message . . . . : Authentication failed for request from user CWTOST
    on
    system tomeks.

    Cause . . . . . : The Management Central server on system

    myibm.customer.pl was not able to authenticate the request from
    system tomeks using protocol 8192. The protocols are: 1024 and 8192 -

    Profile/Password protocol, 512 - Kerberos protocol.

    Recovery . . . : For protocol 1024 and 8192, profile and password

    authentication is being used. Check previous messages for more
    information.
    Verify that the user profile exists on each system with the
    appropriate
    granted authorities and submit the request again. For protocol 512,

    Kerberos authentication is being used. Check previous messages for
    more
    information. Verify that Kerberos is properly configured on both
    systems and submit the request again.
    ----

    On another i5 (V5R4) it works fine.

    Does anybody has any idea what can be wrong?

    Tomasz

  2. Re: Management Central on V5R3 problem

    On Sep 9, 6:28*am, tomasz wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I'm trying to run CPU monitor on iSeriesNavigator on V5R3 system.
    > I've started Management Central job (QYPSJSVR) job. I see on joblog that
    > MGTC job runs fine.
    > CPIB9B5 - Management Central server McServer on port 5544,5555 started
    > as Central.
    >
    > Then on ManagementCentral tab I've configured CPU monitor which fails to
    > start.
    > On QYPSJSVR job log I see:
    > CPFB92A - Unexpected exception occurred during Management Central protocol.
    > Cause . . . . . : * An unexpected protocol exception occurred on system
    > * *myibm.customer.pl.
    > Recovery *. . . : * If the problem persists, contact service.
    >
    > Message ID . . . . . . : * CPFB96B
    >
    > Date sent *. . . . . . : * 09/09/08 * * *Time sent *. . . . .. :
    > 10:38:20
    >
    > Message . . . . : * Authentication failed for request from user CWTOST
    > on
    > * *system tomeks.
    >
    > Cause . . . . . : * The Management Central server on system
    >
    > * *myibm.customer.pl was not able to authenticate the request from
    > * *system tomeks using protocol 8192. The protocols are: 1024 and 8192 -
    >
    > * *Profile/Password protocol, 512 - Kerberos protocol.
    >
    > Recovery *. . . : * For protocol 1024 and 8192, profile and password
    >
    > * *authentication is being used. *Check previous messages for more
    > information.
    > * * Verify that the user profile exists on each system with the
    > appropriate
    > * *granted authorities and submit the request again. *For protocol 512,
    >
    > * *Kerberos authentication is being used. *Check previous messages for
    > more
    > * *information. *Verify that Kerberos is properly configured on both
    > systems * and submit the request again.
    > ----
    >
    > On another i5 (V5R4) it works fine.
    >
    > Does anybody has any idea what can be wrong?
    >
    > Tomasz

    Yes. Its a security issue. You need to find what profile the mgmt
    services are trying to use. Last time I saw this error I found that
    QSECOFR was disabled.

  3. Re: Management Central on V5R3 problem

    Hi.

    QSECOFR is enabled, *MGTC was started from thay userprofile.
    I've found QYPSJSVR userprofile. Perhaps it sth with its authorities?

    Tomasz

    Graybeard pisze:
    > On Sep 9, 6:28 am, tomasz wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >> I'm trying to run CPU monitor on iSeriesNavigator on V5R3 system.
    >> I've started Management Central job (QYPSJSVR) job. I see on joblog that
    >> MGTC job runs fine.
    >> CPIB9B5 - Management Central server McServer on port 5544,5555 started
    >> as Central.
    >>
    >> Then on ManagementCentral tab I've configured CPU monitor which fails to
    >> start.
    >> On QYPSJSVR job log I see:
    >> CPFB92A - Unexpected exception occurred during Management Central protocol.
    >> Cause . . . . . : An unexpected protocol exception occurred on system
    >> myibm.customer.pl.
    >> Recovery . . . : If the problem persists, contact service.
    >>
    >> Message ID . . . . . . : CPFB96B
    >>
    >> Date sent . . . . . . : 09/09/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
    >> 10:38:20
    >>
    >> Message . . . . : Authentication failed for request from user CWTOST
    >> on
    >> system tomeks.
    >>
    >> Cause . . . . . : The Management Central server on system
    >>
    >> myibm.customer.pl was not able to authenticate the request from
    >> system tomeks using protocol 8192. The protocols are: 1024 and 8192 -
    >>
    >> Profile/Password protocol, 512 - Kerberos protocol.
    >>
    >> Recovery . . . : For protocol 1024 and 8192, profile and password
    >>
    >> authentication is being used. Check previous messages for more
    >> information.
    >> Verify that the user profile exists on each system with the
    >> appropriate
    >> granted authorities and submit the request again. For protocol 512,
    >>
    >> Kerberos authentication is being used. Check previous messages for
    >> more
    >> information. Verify that Kerberos is properly configured on both
    >> systems and submit the request again.
    >> ----
    >>
    >> On another i5 (V5R4) it works fine.
    >>
    >> Does anybody has any idea what can be wrong?
    >>
    >> Tomasz

    > Yes. Its a security issue. You need to find what profile the mgmt
    > services are trying to use. Last time I saw this error I found that
    > QSECOFR was disabled.

  4. Re: Management Central on V5R3 problem

    On Sep 10, 12:32*am, tomasz wrote:
    > > Yes. *Its a security issue. *You need to find what profile the mgmt
    > > services are trying to use. *Last time I saw this error I found that
    > > QSECOFR was disabled.

    > Hi.
    >
    > QSECOFR is enabled, *MGTC was started from thay userprofile.
    > I've found QYPSJSVR userprofile. Perhaps it sth with its authorities?
    >
    > Tomasz
    >
    > Graybeard pisze:

    MGTC uses the QSECOFR profile - I would definitely *not* recommend
    modifying system profiles to try and fix this. Normally, if there was
    a problem with the QSECOFR profile, you'd see a message in the
    joblog. A common one I see is that the password has expired and needs
    changing.

    Another issue I have seen in the past which causes strange errors, is
    using an older version of client access. As your iSeries is at V5R3,
    is iSeries navigator at the same or a later level?

  5. Re: Management Central on V5R3 problem

    Everything is fine with my QSECOFR userprofile. It wasn't modified.

    OS level is 5.3, iSeriesNavigator is 5.4.

    tomasz

    jsev99@yahoo.co.nz pisze:
    > On Sep 10, 12:32 am, tomasz wrote:
    >>> Yes. Its a security issue. You need to find what profile the mgmt
    >>> services are trying to use. Last time I saw this error I found that
    >>> QSECOFR was disabled.

    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> QSECOFR is enabled, *MGTC was started from thay userprofile.
    >> I've found QYPSJSVR userprofile. Perhaps it sth with its authorities?
    >>
    >> Tomasz
    >>
    >> Graybeard pisze:

    > MGTC uses the QSECOFR profile - I would definitely *not* recommend
    > modifying system profiles to try and fix this. Normally, if there was
    > a problem with the QSECOFR profile, you'd see a message in the
    > joblog. A common one I see is that the password has expired and needs
    > changing.
    >
    > Another issue I have seen in the past which causes strange errors, is
    > using an older version of client access. As your iSeries is at V5R3,
    > is iSeries navigator at the same or a later level?

+ Reply to Thread