Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations? - IBM AS400 ; Hi there, I've looking to get an AS/400 login over the internet, as having my own AS/400 is inconvenient right now. I'm happy to pay a monthly free, and the login is for C development. I need to be able ...

  1. Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations?

    Hi there,
    I've looking to get an AS/400 login over the internet, as having my
    own AS/400 is inconvenient right now. I'm happy to pay a monthly free,
    and the login is for C development. I need to be able to restore
    libraries and have a few hundred mb of storage. I can't seem to get in
    contact with rzkh.de, even thought I'm currently a user of their free
    service.

    Can anyone recommend another service provider? (Or indeed a way to get
    in touch with rzkh.de) Ideally I'd like one which I can get it all set
    up automatically with PayPal or whatever, so I can get going ASAP.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks

    Garry

  2. Re: Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations?

    Try one of these:

    http://www.timeshare400.com
    or
    http://virtual400.com/

    There was also:
    http://www.netshare400.com
    but they discontinued time-sharing services as of July 1, 2008.

    > thegman wrote:
    > ...(snip)...
    > Can anyone recommend another service provider? (Or indeed a way to get
    > in touch with rzkh.de) Ideally I'd like one which I can get it all set
    > up automatically with PayPal or whatever, so I can get going ASAP.
    > ...(snip)...

  3. Re: Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations?

    On Sep 6, 4:33*pm, Mark S Waterbury wrote:
    > Try one of these:
    >
    > * *http://www.timeshare400.com
    > or
    > * *http://virtual400.com/
    >
    > There was also:
    > * *http://www.netshare400.com
    > but they discontinued time-sharing services as of July 1, 2008.
    >
    > *> thegman wrote:
    > > ...(snip)...
    > > Can anyone recommend another service provider? (Or indeed a way to get
    > > in touch with rzkh.de) Ideally I'd like one which I can get it all set
    > > up automatically with PayPal or whatever, so I can get going ASAP.

    > *> ...(snip)...

    Thanks for this, virtual400.com looks kind of shut down, and their
    website only half worked, so I've contacted timeshare400.com, I'll see
    if they get back to me.

    Cheers

    Garry

  4. Re: Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations?

    On Sep 6, 10:37*am, thegman wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > I've looking to get an AS/400 login over the internet, as having my
    > own AS/400 is inconvenient right now. I'm happy to pay a monthly free,
    > and the login is for C development. I need to be able to restore
    > libraries and have a few hundred mb of storage. I can't seem to get in
    > contact with rzkh.de, even thought I'm currently a user of their free
    > service.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend another service provider? (Or indeed a way to get
    > in touch with rzkh.de) Ideally I'd like one which I can get it all set
    > up automatically with PayPal or whatever, so I can get going ASAP.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Garry

    try
    http://www.rzkh.de/english/indexeng.html

    They offer a few levels of access to their as/400 including exclusive
    systems.

  5. Re: Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations?

    On Sep 8, 7:47*pm, JTF wrote:
    > On Sep 6, 10:37*am, thegman wrote:
    >

    > > Hi there,
    > > I've looking to get an AS/400 login over the internet, as having my
    > > own AS/400 is inconvenient right now. I'm happy to pay a monthly free,
    > > and the login is for C development. I need to be able to restore
    > > libraries and have a few hundred mb of storage. I can't seem to get in
    > > contact with rzkh.de, even thought I'm currently a user of their free
    > > service.

    > > Can anyone recommend another service provider? (Or indeed a way to get
    > > in touch with rzkh.de) Ideally I'd like one which I can get it all set
    > > up automatically with PayPal or whatever, so I can get going ASAP.

    > > Any thoughts?

    > > Thanks

    > > Garry

    > tryhttp://www.rzkh.de/english/indexeng.html
    >
    > They offer a few levels of access to their as/400 including exclusive
    > systems.

    I've been using their free service for a while, so I emailed them to
    see if I could upgrade to a developer account, no reply, which is a
    shame as it's a decent fast machine they've got, which was working out
    for me just fine.

  6. Re: Paid-for accounts on internet - recommendations?

    On Sep 9, 3:57*am, thegman wrote:
    > On Sep 8, 7:47*pm, JTF wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 6, 10:37*am, thegman wrote:

    > > > Hi there,
    > > > I've looking to get an AS/400 login over the internet, as having my
    > > > own AS/400 is inconvenient right now. I'm happy to pay a monthly free,
    > > > and the login is for C development. I need to be able to restore
    > > > libraries and have a few hundred mb of storage. I can't seem to get in
    > > > contact with rzkh.de, even thought I'm currently a user of their free
    > > > service.

    > > > Can anyone recommend another service provider? (Or indeed a way to get
    > > > in touch with rzkh.de) Ideally I'd like one which I can get it all set
    > > > up automatically with PayPal or whatever, so I can get going ASAP.

    > > > Any thoughts?

    > > > Thanks

    > > > Garry

    > > tryhttp://www.rzkh.de/english/indexeng.html

    > > They offer a few levels of access to their as/400 including exclusive
    > > systems.

    > I've been using their free service for a while, so I emailed them to
    > see if I could upgrade to a developer account, no reply, which is a
    > shame as it's a decent fast machine they've got, which was working out
    > for me just fine.

    You may not get an immediate reply. If the person your email is going
    to does not speak English, you will have to wait until the message is
    translated to German......I emailed them once or twice and it took a
    while to get a reply

+ Reply to Thread