Re:AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Re:AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open - IBM AS400 ; I once had the same problem. In my case there was a problem with the windows logon script (Active Directory). The script tried to make a drive mapping to a share the user did not have proper rights to. Is ...

  1. Re:AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open

    I once had the same problem.
    In my case there was a problem with the windows logon script (Active Directory).
    The script tried to make a drive mapping to a share the user did not have proper rights to.

    Is there a process in the taskmanager called net.exe?
    If so: kill it. If the session opens check the users logon script.

    DIAH

    >Hello All,
    >
    >I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. When one of the
    >users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not
    >open. I will open the task manager and notice that a process for
    >PCSWS.EXE is running but the emulator will not open. I assumed this
    >meant that there was a corrupt Client Access Install so I attempted to
    >reinstall the software. Then Setup.exe runs in the Process tray but
    >will not open. I am sure this is releated to Client Access becuase I
    >can install/reinstall any other program on the machine just not Client
    >Access. I am also in a bind because I cannot just format the machine
    >and start over due to how critical this machine is.
    >
    >I should also mention that this machine has worked fine for years it
    >just started doing this yesterday.
    >
    >Any help or information would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks for your time and cooperation.

  2. Re: AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open

    One more suggestion:
    After you re-install, restart the PC, and be sure to logon again as an
    administrator. Then, if needed, log off and log on as the user.
    I have had a problem much like that when the logon after restart
    didn't have admin rights, and some things did not register correctly.

+ Reply to Thread