HP 15 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on HP 15 - IBM AS400 ; I have a new HP Laserjet 1505, a nice black and white, very fast. Trouble is, I can't get the fonts straight configuring it as a ClientAccess printer. It wants to turn all the print into a tiny 6 or ...

  1. HP 15

    I have a new HP Laserjet 1505, a nice black and white, very fast.

    Trouble is, I can't get the fonts straight configuring it as a
    ClientAccess printer. It wants to turn all the print into a tiny 6 or
    8 point type in landscape mode or portrait.

    I have tried changing the AS/400 device description to specify Host
    Transform *YES but nothing changes.

    Any ideas how I can at least get a nice 10 point Courier out of this
    printer?

    Thanks

  2. Re: HP 15

    How do you have the printer connected ?

    That makes some difference on how to handle the
    fonts...

    Old Fossil Bama wrote:
    > I have a new HP Laserjet 1505, a nice black and white, very fast.
    >
    > Trouble is, I can't get the fonts straight configuring it as a
    > ClientAccess printer. It wants to turn all the print into a tiny 6 or
    > 8 point type in landscape mode or portrait.
    >
    > I have tried changing the AS/400 device description to specify Host
    > Transform *YES but nothing changes.
    >
    > Any ideas how I can at least get a nice 10 point Courier out of this
    > printer?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: HP 15

    On Sep 8, 1:56*pm, Pat Barber wrote:
    > How do you have the printer connected ?
    >
    > That makes some difference on how to handle the
    > fonts...
    >

    > Old Fossil Bama wrote:
    > > I have a new HP Laserjet 1505, a nice black and white, very fast.

    > > Trouble is, I can't get the fonts straight configuring it as a
    > > ClientAccess printer. It wants to turn all the print into a tiny 6 or
    > > 8 point type in landscape mode or portrait.

    > > I have tried changing the AS/400 device description to specify Host
    > > Transform *YES but nothing changes.

    > > Any ideas how I can at least get a nice 10 point Courier out of this
    > > printer?

    > > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

    It is physically connected to the parallel port of the personal
    computer. It has a standard ClinetAccess printer session accessing it
    when we print from the 400.

  4. Re: HP 15

    Well, based on what I see, you are not going to have much success with
    host print transform. My suggestion would be to go into the printer
    session configuration and make sure HPT is unchecked; if it is
    checked, changed the printer model to *NONE and then uncheck it.

    Then, do a file, page setup, and make sure page 1 is set to *COR.

    Then, file, printer and make sure it is pointing to the new HP 1505
    printer...

    If you have IBM software support, you can always call them, sometimes
    they have "undocumented" recommendations that do work with some
    printers even though this page shows nothing really works.

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...2569c10078c903

    In general, usually these printers work even if no HPT model, if you
    make sure the model is *NONE and HPT is UNCHECKED, and then you do
    file, page setup, and select *COR.

    If you need *AFPDS...you may just ahve to experiment and see if you
    can get *HP5, or *HP5SI or something else to work...but I doubt if you
    will.

    Keep us posted.
    ga

    >Old Fossil Bama wrote:
    >> I have a new HP Laserjet 1505, a nice black and white, very fast.
    >>
    >> Trouble is, I can't get the fonts straight configuring it as a
    >> ClientAccess printer. It wants to turn all the print into a tiny 6 or
    >> 8 point type in landscape mode or portrait.
    >>
    >> I have tried changing the AS/400 device description to specify Host
    >> Transform *YES but nothing changes.
    >>
    >> Any ideas how I can at least get a nice 10 point Courier out of this
    >> printer?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    ga
    nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

  5. Re: HP 15

    This document is one of a series showing how to set up printers from various
    manufacturers.

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...2569c10078c903

    The P1505 is host based which can cause problems, but I have got a P2015
    running under Terminal Services.

    Peter

    "ga" wrote in message
    > Well, based on what I see, you are not going to have much success with
    > host print transform. My suggestion would be to go into the printer
    > session configuration and make sure HPT is unchecked; if it is
    > checked, changed the printer model to *NONE and then uncheck it.
    >
    > Then, do a file, page setup, and make sure page 1 is set to *COR.
    >
    > Then, file, printer and make sure it is pointing to the new HP 1505
    > printer...
    >
    > If you have IBM software support, you can always call them, sometimes
    > they have "undocumented" recommendations that do work with some
    > printers even though this page shows nothing really works.
    >
    > http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...2569c10078c903
    >
    > In general, usually these printers work even if no HPT model, if you
    > make sure the model is *NONE and HPT is UNCHECKED, and then you do
    > file, page setup, and select *COR.
    >
    > If you need *AFPDS...you may just ahve to experiment and see if you
    > can get *HP5, or *HP5SI or something else to work...but I doubt if you
    > will.
    >
    > Keep us posted.
    > ga
    >

    >>Old Fossil Bama wrote:
    >>> I have a new HP Laserjet 1505, a nice black and white, very fast.
    >>>
    >>> Trouble is, I can't get the fonts straight configuring it as a
    >>> ClientAccess printer. It wants to turn all the print into a tiny 6 or
    >>> 8 point type in landscape mode or portrait.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried changing the AS/400 device description to specify Host
    >>> Transform *YES but nothing changes.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas how I can at least get a nice 10 point Courier out of this
    >>> printer?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    > ga
    > nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

  6. Re: HP 15

    According to IBM, that has virtually NO support...

    http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase...3?OpenDocument

    Do you have the printer configured as HPT on the session ???

    Old Fossil Bama wrote:

    > It is physically connected to the parallel port of the personal
    > computer. It has a standard ClinetAccess printer session accessing it
    > when we print from the 400.

+ Reply to Thread