AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open - IBM AS400 ; Hello All, I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. When one of the users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not open. I will open the task manager and notice that a ...

  1. AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open

    Hello All,

    I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. When one of the
    users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not
    open. I will open the task manager and notice that a process for
    PCSWS.EXE is running but the emulator will not open. I assumed this
    meant that there was a corrupt Client Access Install so I attempted to
    reinstall the software. Then Setup.exe runs in the Process tray but
    will not open. I am sure this is releated to Client Access becuase I
    can install/reinstall any other program on the machine just not Client
    Access. I am also in a bind because I cannot just format the machine
    and start over due to how critical this machine is.

    I should also mention that this machine has worked fine for years it
    just started doing this yesterday.

    Any help or information would be appreciated.

    Thanks for your time and cooperation.

  2. Re: AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open

    > I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. *When one of the
    > users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not
    > open. *I will open the task manager and notice that a process for
    > PCSWS.EXE is running but the emulator will not open. *I assumed this

    What version of OS/400 and/or client access are you running?

    Chris

  3. Re: AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open

    drew.dunkel wrote:
    > <> I assumed this meant that there was a corrupt Client Access
    > Install so I attempted to reinstall the software. Then Setup.exe
    > runs in the Process tray but will not open. I am sure this is
    > releated to Client Access becuase I can install/reinstall any other
    > program on the machine just not Client Access. I am also in a bind
    > because I cannot just format the machine and start over due to how
    > critical this machine is.
    >
    > I should also mention that this machine has worked fine for years it
    > just started doing this yesterday.

    I recall having read in the past, that conflicts with install and AV
    software may have that effect. What I would try first is the disabling
    of antivirus software to perform the install. If that does not assist,
    then I would see if there is a support document that describes how to
    effect a clean uninstall; e.g. with the following search, possibly
    adding +uninstall before +site to the following search:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=%22cl...site%3Aibm.com

    The Document number 25681628, although I did not read it, may be such
    a document. Note: If regedit is a new experience, beware [backup first,
    and read MS site on how to use regedit], and be aware that search in
    regedit starts from where highlighting is active in the presented
    directory tree; i.e. search is not from the start, until first
    positioned there. HTH

    Regards, Chuck

  4. Re: AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open

    Thanks everyone...I realized he was getting a drive mapped that he
    didnt need. Edited that on the script and everything is working
    great.

    Thanks again for all fo the help

+ Reply to Thread