Part Deux: Xerces, XML4C, C++, V6R1 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Part Deux: Xerces, XML4C, C++, V6R1 - IBM AS400 ; So, I, an army of one (tm) figured out that the reason I couldn't successfully create a program was because that the service programs had entries that pointed to libraries like QBLDXT205U, QBLDXT201, QBLDXT205, etc. None of these libraries exist. ...

  1. Part Deux: Xerces, XML4C, C++, V6R1

    So, I, an army of one (tm) figured out that the reason I couldn't
    successfully create a program was because that the service programs
    had entries that pointed to libraries like QBLDXT205U, QBLDXT201,
    QBLDXT205, etc. None of these libraries exist. No library beginning
    with QBLD* exists on this machine that supposedly had all 7 options of
    XML4C installed and consequently, no *MODULES to link with.

    So, what happened? I'm not a sysadmin so I didn't install it myself.

    Please don't tell me that these modules and libraries have to be built
    manually. That's just crazy talk, but after all of the crap I've gone
    through, I wouldn't doubt that that is what is required.

  2. Re: Part Deux: Xerces, XML4C, C++, V6R1

    Mr. K.V.B.L. wrote:
    > So, I, an army of one (tm) figured out that the reason I couldn't
    > successfully create a program was because that the service programs
    > had entries that pointed to libraries like QBLDXT205U, QBLDXT201,
    > QBLDXT205, etc. None of these libraries exist. No library beginning
    > with QBLD* exists on this machine that supposedly had all 7 options
    > of XML4C installed and consequently, no *MODULES to link with.
    >
    > So, what happened? I'm not a sysadmin so I didn't install it myself.
    >
    > Please don't tell me that these modules and libraries have to be
    > built manually. That's just crazy talk, but after all of the crap
    > I've gone through, I wouldn't doubt that that is what is required.

    Modules are bound into the *SRVPGM object. What library name is
    associated with any module in a service program has no meaning; the
    library is /historical/ information only, from when the *SRVPGM was
    created or last updated before being [re]saved into a product option or
    PTF. Presumably that is what the references are, to the build libraries
    with naming QBLD*

    Regards, Chuck

+ Reply to Thread