Data migration plan - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Data migration plan - IBM AS400 ; Hi I need to migrate customers environment from i5 520 V5R4 to Power 6 570 V5R4. Saying environment I mean: libraries and userprofiles. My question is about userprofiles migration. I can use SAVSECDTA to save all userprofiles then restore them ...

  1. Data migration plan

    Hi
    I need to migrate customers environment from i5 520 V5R4 to Power 6
    570 V5R4.
    Saying environment I mean: libraries and userprofiles.

    My question is about userprofiles migration. I can use SAVSECDTA to
    save all userprofiles
    then restore them on new 570 machine. But what about directory
    entries? As far as I know
    I can't use savsecdta to migrate them.

    My second question is about i5OS migration. After I migrate all
    environment I need to do excacly the same
    on another 570 system (MIMIX solution). So I need to install i5OS on
    CBU 570 and migrate libraries etc.
    Can I somehow use full backup system tape from main 570 to install
    i5OS on second machine?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: Data migration plan

    On Sep 1, 3:57*pm, tomasz wrote:
    > Hi
    > I need to migrate customers environment from i5 520 V5R4 to Power 6
    > 570 V5R4.
    > Saying environment I mean: libraries and userprofiles.
    >
    > My question is about userprofiles migration. I can use SAVSECDTA to
    > save all userprofiles
    > then restore them on new 570 machine. But what about directory
    > entries? As far as I know
    > I can't use savsecdta to migrate them.
    >
    > My second question is about i5OS migration. After I migrate all
    > environment I need to do excacly the same
    > on another 570 system (MIMIX solution). So I need to install i5OS on
    > CBU 570 and migrate libraries etc.
    > Can I somehow use full backup system tape from main 570 to install
    > i5OS on second machine?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

    Use SAVDLO
    Your approach to restoring first machine you could use on 2nd machine.

  3. Re: Data migration plan

    il 01/09/2008 21.57, Scrive tomasz 36757456:
    > Hi
    > I need to migrate customers environment from i5 520 V5R4 to Power 6
    > 570 V5R4.
    > Saying environment I mean: libraries and userprofiles.
    >
    > My question is about userprofiles migration. I can use SAVSECDTA to
    > save all userprofiles
    > then restore them on new 570 machine. But what about directory
    > entries? As far as I know
    > I can't use savsecdta to migrate them.
    >
    > My second question is about i5OS migration. After I migrate all
    > environment I need to do excacly the same
    > on another 570 system (MIMIX solution). So I need to install i5OS on
    > CBU 570 and migrate libraries etc.
    > Can I somehow use full backup system tape from main 570 to install
    > i5OS on second machine?

    Why not? You said they are the same release V5R4, so you should be able
    to install at least I5OS, maybe m-code are different.
    If your concern is only about system distribution directory entries, you
    can also install QUSRSYS only, but you'll replace TCPIP tables too that
    means that you should modify TCP configuration back.

  4. Re: Data migration plan

    tomasz wrote in news:c5b39a60-ff20-47fa-8a4b-
    e7aa0ed2c8db@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi
    > I need to migrate customers environment from i5 520 V5R4 to Power 6
    > 570 V5R4.
    > Saying environment I mean: libraries and userprofiles.
    >
    > My question is about userprofiles migration. I can use SAVSECDTA to
    > save all userprofiles
    > then restore them on new 570 machine. But what about directory
    > entries? As far as I know
    > I can't use savsecdta to migrate them.
    >
    > My second question is about i5OS migration. After I migrate all
    > environment I need to do excacly the same
    > on another 570 system (MIMIX solution). So I need to install i5OS on
    > CBU 570 and migrate libraries etc.
    > Can I somehow use full backup system tape from main 570 to install
    > i5OS on second machine?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

    it is all here: