writing to the dvd-ram - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on writing to the dvd-ram - IBM AS400 ; is it possible for os/400 (excuse me) i 6.1 to write to the dvd-ram that I have on the M25? I would like to save some files to that and it makes perfect sense (at least to me) to be ...

  1. writing to the dvd-ram

    is it possible for os/400 (excuse me) i 6.1 to write to the dvd-ram
    that I have on the M25?

    I would like to save some files to that and it makes perfect sense (at
    least to me) to be able to do that.

  2. Re: writing to the dvd-ram

    On Aug 27, 7:04*pm, trans am kid wrote:
    > is it possible for os/400 (excuse me) i 6.1 to write to the dvd-ram
    > that I have on the M25?
    >
    > I would like to save some files to that and it makes perfect sense (at
    > least to me) to be able to do that.

    Do you have a model number, the answer I would think is possibly yes.

  3. Re: writing to the dvd-ram

    Assuming you have a read/write model of the DVD

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...tsavandres.htm

    trans am kid wrote:
    > is it possible for os/400 (excuse me) i 6.1 to write to the dvd-ram
    > that I have on the M25?
    >
    > I would like to save some files to that and it makes perfect sense (at
    > least to me) to be able to do that.

  4. Re: writing to the dvd-ram

    On Aug 28, 9:30*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Aug 27, 7:04*pm, trans am kid wrote:
    >
    > > is it possible for os/400 (excuse me) i 6.1 to write to the dvd-ram
    > > that I have on the M25?

    > > I would like to save some files to that and it makes perfect sense (at
    > > least to me) to be able to do that.

    > Do you have a model number, the answer I would think is possibly yes.

    it is a 6331 on a 520 M25, and is a dvd-ram.

  5. Re: writing to the dvd-ram

    On Aug 27, 4:04 pm, trans am kid wrote:
    > is it possible for os/400 (excuse me) i 6.1 to write to the dvd-ram
    > that I have on the M25?
    >
    > I would like to save some files to that and it makes perfect sense (at
    > least to me) to be able to do that.

    Are you talking about the cpyopt command? You can do a cpyopt and hit
    F4 to prompt it from a 5250 session.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread