strip off email attachment to file - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on strip off email attachment to file - IBM AS400 ; we want to have the 400 pull emails, and to strip off attachments. attachments need to end up as a native file. upon a little research, it appears that os/400 has limited ability to do this. am i wrong? anyone ...

  1. strip off email attachment to file

    we want to have the 400 pull emails, and to strip off attachments.
    attachments need to end up as a native file. upon a little research,
    it appears that os/400 has limited ability to do this. am i wrong?

    anyone know of a good package to do such?
    tia

  2. Re: strip off email attachment to file

    On Aug 25, 10:00*pm, JHL wrote:
    > we want to have the 400 pull emails, and to strip off attachments.
    > attachments need to end up as a native file. * upon a little research,
    > it appears that os/400 has limited ability to do this. * am i wrong?
    >
    > anyone know of a good package to do such?
    > tia

    There are a couple of commands. QRYDST allows you to dump the ids of
    mail items into a file. Then you can process them using RCVDST.
    Its quite unpleasant, I cant remember if you can split out all the
    attachments or just get one huge mime file. I think you might get
    better results using java mail programming, or even just send to a pc
    running outlook & client access & add some vb scripts.

    Jonathan

  3. Re: strip off email attachment to file

    Use the JavaX Mail thats freely available from Sun. You can use the imap
    or Pop3 protocal to fetch the email from an exchange or Domino server.
    The JavaX mail provides way to decode and save Mime attachments to
    stream files.

    "JHL" wrote in message
    > we want to have the 400 pull emails, and to strip off attachments.
    > attachments need to end up as a native file. upon a little research,
    > it appears that os/400 has limited ability to do this. am i wrong?
    >
    > anyone know of a good package to do such?
    > tia

+ Reply to Thread