Error in Call from Web Services, after connection is termianted onIseries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Error in Call from Web Services, after connection is termianted onIseries - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, We have a problem where if the iSeries is IPLed then the fist call from out web services fail with an error, the scenario is as follows; 1. Call the webservice, and then get some details from the ...

  1. Error in Call from Web Services, after connection is termianted onIseries

    Hi all,

    We have a problem where if the iSeries is IPLed then the fist call
    from out web services fail with an error, the scenario is as follows;

    1. Call the webservice, and then get some details from the iSeries,
    all OK.
    2. iSeries is IPLed, or remote connection to QZRCSRVS QUSER job is
    terminated
    3. Call Webservice again, an error is displayed in the consol.
    38786:32:12.434 1 >
    ** Program Call Definition Error ** : The
    program alias, [nnnnnn], caused error :
    No job is active, but is still has an error.
    4. Call Webservice again, and all is OK, job log now shows connection
    all OK......., but does not show any details about error in 3.

    A bit of background,

    I am using WDSCi 6.0.1 with the latest updates.

    I create the Webservices from the Tool set within the WDSCi from PCML
    files, which call RPG programs.

    It resides on Websphere app server 6.

    Connection use a common user profile for connection, and lib list and
    other details are set up as part of the JOBD of user profile.

  2. Re: Error in Call from Web Services, after connection is termiantedon Iseries

    On Aug 25, 12:43*pm, TadPole wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We have a problem where if the iSeries is IPLed then the fist call
    > from out web services fail with an error, the scenario is as follows;
    >
    > 1. Call the webservice, and then get some details from the iSeries,
    > all OK.
    > 2. iSeries is IPLed, or remote connection to QZRCSRVS QUSER job is
    > terminated
    > 3. Call Webservice again, an error is displayed in the consol.
    > 38786:32:12.434 1 >
    ** Program Call Definition Error ** : The
    > program alias, [nnnnnn], caused error :
    > No job is active, but is still has an error.
    > 4. Call Webservice again, and all is OK, job log now shows connection
    > all OK......., but does not show any details about error in 3.
    >
    > A bit of background,
    >
    > I am using WDSCi 6.0.1 with the latest updates.
    >
    > I create the Webservices from the Tool set within the WDSCi from PCML
    > files, which call RPG programs.
    >
    > It resides on Websphere app server 6.
    >
    > Connection use a common user profile for connection, and lib list and
    > other details are set up as part of the JOBD of user profile.

    I looked further into the problem, and found out what the actual error
    is:

    “com.ibm.as400.access.ConnectionDroppedException”

    Which means that the connection dropped/deleted at the iSeries side,
    but the Webservice still tries to connect.

    I suppose the "Program Call Definition Error" is a bit misleading in
    the Webshere console log, I suppose it cannot call the program because
    the connection is dropped.

    Once I try the webservice again, it connects correctly, no problems..,
    but users are still given a “java.lang.NullPointerException” error,
    perhaps the faultString could be more meaningful.

    I suppose what would be nice if the Webservice determines that that
    the connection has been dropped, and then tries to initiate a new
    connection, although the problem there is that how many times it tries
    to reconnect.

    I now see that this is the way in which the wizards in WDSCi sets up
    the connection, but it would be nice if they were changed to try and
    reconnect if there is a
    com.ibm.as400.access.ConnectionDroppedException error

+ Reply to Thread