On V5R4M0, should I go to V5R4M5?? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on On V5R4M0, should I go to V5R4M5?? - IBM AS400 ; Doesn't look like I will be going to POWER6 anytime soon, with that said should I make the leap or wait....

  1. On V5R4M0, should I go to V5R4M5??

    Doesn't look like I will be going to POWER6 anytime soon, with that
    said should I make the leap or wait.

  2. Re: On V5R4M0, should I go to V5R4M5??

    On Aug 22, 11:34*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > Doesn't look like I will be going to POWER6 anytime soon, with that
    > said should I make the leap or wait.

    Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall that going from V5R4M0 to
    V5R4M5 wasn't much of a leap. I think you get virtual IOP out it and
    not much more (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). When we moved
    from an 810 to a 525 we were told to upgrade to V5R4M5. I wouldn't
    waste any resource upgrading to V5R4M5 unless it was necessary.

    Again as I know nothing about your iSeries other than you are at
    V5R4M0, that is only an opinion.

    Hopefully my answer was as vague as your question. ;-)

    Thad Rizzi

  3. Re: On V5R4M0, should I go to V5R4M5??

    iseriesflorida wrote:
    > Doesn't look like I will be going to POWER6 anytime soon, with that
    > said should I make the leap or wait.

    v5r4m5 just adds support for a new piece of hardware, whose details
    escape me at the moment...but if you aren't changing any hardware at the
    moment, you wouldn't gain anything by doing it.

+ Reply to Thread