Does PRTDOC still work in V6? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Does PRTDOC still work in V6? - IBM AS400 ; If not, what is the latest version is still does? Thanks...

  1. Does PRTDOC still work in V6?

    If not, what is the latest version is still does?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Does PRTDOC still work in V6?

    It "appears" to work in V5R4 when I prompt it...

    Falco wrote:
    > If not, what is the latest version is still does?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Does PRTDOC still work in V6?

    On Aug 22, 4:29 am, Falco wrote:
    > If not, what is the latest version is still does?
    >
    > Thanks

    PRTDOC is part of officevision. The last OS to support that was V4R4
    so I wouldn't expect it to work past that OS.

  4. Re: Does PRTDOC still work in V6?

    On Aug 21, 4:34*pm, jse...@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
    > On Aug 22, 4:29 am, Falco wrote:
    >
    > > If not, what is the latest version is still does?

    > > Thanks

    > PRTDOC is part of officevision. *The last OS to support that was V4R4
    > so I wouldn't expect it to work past that OS.

    Yes, I know it is Office Vision. I have a client that will not let go
    of it. They are still able edit/change docs on their V4 machine and
    also still able to do the PRTDOC on their V5R3 machine. I am
    wondering how long IBM will us use it.

  5. Re: Does PRTDOC still work in V6?

    Falco wrote:
    > On Aug 21, 4:34 pm, jse...@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
    >> On Aug 22, 4:29 am, Falco wrote:
    >>
    >>> If not, what is the latest version is still does?
    >>>

    >> PRTDOC is part of officevision. The last OS to support that
    >> was V4R4 so I wouldn't expect it to work past that OS.

    > Yes, I know it is Office Vision. I have a client that will not
    > let go of it. They are still able edit/change docs on their V4
    > machine and also still able to do the PRTDOC on their V5R3
    > machine. I am wondering how long IBM will us use it.

    Whatever is available in V5R3 is presumably available still, with the
    IBM i OS 6.1 since the OS portion of the code, the /run-time/ support
    for PRTDOC, was never removed. That is, even though the interactive
    definition-time features of OV/400 were removed way back when. The
    programs QOP* [and some other QO* programs, plus the /data merge/
    features QQUT*] and similar programs that support a significant portion
    of the PRTDOC resolution [into a spool file or a *DOC as I recall] still
    exist as part of the OS.

    Regards, Chuck

  6. Re: Does PRTDOC still work in V6?

    I believe it will still work. I installed V6R1 last weekend and still
    have the old Officevision programs intalled. I believe back on V4R3 or
    V4R4, IBM dropped Officevision. I think it even uninstalled it. I had
    saved the licensed programs and then reinstalled them and they've
    worked ever since.

    This morning I tried a PRTDOC on a document in a folder and it did
    work. I have moved some stuff around so my security settings were a
    little different and I didn't have the option to do a "2" (edit) of
    the document, but I think that would probably work as well. All I did
    this morning was do a PRTDOC and that worked.

    ga

    Falco wrote:

    >If not, what is the latest version is still does?
    >
    >Thanks

    ga
    nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

+ Reply to Thread