Mount a PC share to the IFS - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Mount a PC share to the IFS - IBM AS400 ; I'm trying to mount a PC share to the IFS (QNTC) using the Mount(ADDMFS) command but it's not clear how to format the parameters. Has anyone done something similar (the CL manual has a few examples but they all seem ...

  1. Mount a PC share to the IFS

    I'm trying to mount a PC share to the IFS (QNTC) using the
    Mount(ADDMFS) command but it's not clear how to format the parameters.
    Has anyone done something similar (the CL manual has a few examples
    but they all seem to show non-pc platforms)

    Thanks

  2. Re: Mount a PC share to the IFS

    On Aug 15, 10:29*am, Will wrote:
    > I'm trying to mount a PC share to the IFS (QNTC) using the
    > Mount(ADDMFS) command but it's not clear how to format the parameters.
    > Has anyone done something similar (the CL manual has a few examples
    > but they all seem to show non-pc platforms)
    >
    > Thanks

    Here are some examples from IBM publib:

    Examples for ADDMFS

    Example 1: Mounting a User-Defined File System

    ADDMFS TYPE(*UDFS) MFS('/DEV/QASP03/PROD1')
    MNTOVRDIR('DIRB')

    This command mounts a user defined file system PROD1 over the
    directory, DIRB. It uses the defaults for the other parameters.

    Example 2: Mounting a Network File System

    ADDMFS TYPE(*NFS) MFS('RAINFALL:/QSYS.LIB/RAY.LIB')
    MNTOVRDIR('/mystuff')

    This command mounts the /qsys.lib/ray.lib file system from the remote
    system RAINFALL into the directory /mystuff.

    Example 3: Mounting a Network File System with OPTIONS

    ADDMFS TYPE(*NFS) MFS('RAINFALL:/QSYS.LIB/RAY.LIB')
    MNTOVRDIR('/mystuff')
    OPTIONS('ro,nosuid,rsize=256, retrans=10')
    CODEPAGE(*ASCII *JOBCCSID)

    CCSID(*ASCII *JOBCCSID)

    This command mounts the /qsys.lib/ray.lib file system from the remote
    system RAINFALL into the directory /mystuff. In addition it specifies
    to mount as read-only, not allow setuid execution, set the read buffer
    to 256 bytes, and the retransmission attempts to 10. The job CCSID is
    used to determine the coded character set identifier to use for remote
    path names.

    Example 4: Mounting a NetWare File System with OPTIONS

    ADDMFS TYPE(*NETWARE)
    MFS('RCHNWSVR1/LOTUS:LOTSUITE/SMARTCTR')
    MNTOVRDIR('/temp1')
    OPTIONS('ro,agregmax=120')

    This command mounts the NetWare directory LOTSUITE/SMARTCTR contained
    in the volume LOTUS that resides on server RCHNWSVR1 over the
    directory /temp1. In addition it specifies to mount as read-only, sets
    the maximum time to store file attributes locally to 120 seconds.

    Example 5: Mounting using a NetWare Directory Services Context

    Following are several examples of mounting a NetWare file system using
    NetWare Directory Services (NDS) contexts.

    ADDMFS TYPE(*NETWARE) MFS('.LOTUS_VOL.ROCHESTER.IBM')
    MNTOVRDIR('/temp1')

    This command mounts NDS volume LOTUS_VOL using a distinguished
    context, over the directory /temp1.

    ADDMFS TYPE(*NETWARE)
    MFS('CN=LOTUS_VOL.OU=ROCHESTER:LOTSUITE/SMARTCTR')
    MNTOVRDIR('/temp1')

    This command mounts path LOTSUITE/SMARTCTR on NDS volume LOTUS using a
    relative path and fully qualified names, over the directory /temp1.

    ADDMFS TYPE(*NETWARE)
    MFS('.CN=LOTUSMAP.OU=ROCHESTER.O=IBM')
    MNTOVRDIR('/temp1')

  3. Re: Mount a PC share to the IFS

    ADDMFS is for mounting either a user-defined file system, or an NFS file
    system exported from a remote server. This is not for QNTC.

    In order to use ADDMFS on the IBM i from an NFS type file system, you must
    use the export function on the PC in order for the IBM i to find it.

    QNTC is a different file system. If you want to access a PC server through
    QNTC there are a couple of
    ways to get the distributed directory created. The info center under the
    QNTC file system will explain in a bit more detail and any additional
    restrictions, but if you do WRKLNK '/QNTC/*' and nothing shows up, the
    simplest thing to do is:
    MKDIR '/QNTC/'

    Then, as long as your user names and passwords match on both the IBM i and
    the PC, and you have file shares defined on the PC then you should be able
    to access them.

    Now, if you really trying to use NFS, then you would need to do the mount
    somewhere else as I don't think you can mount over anything under QNTC.

    --
    Margaret Fenlon
    Integrated File System and Servers - IBM i

    "Will" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to mount a PC share to the IFS (QNTC) using the
    > Mount(ADDMFS) command but it's not clear how to format the parameters.
    > Has anyone done something similar (the CL manual has a few examples
    > but they all seem to show non-pc platforms)
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread