Convert file to upper case? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Convert file to upper case? - IBM AS400 ; Just did an Item Number offline upload for MAPICS and their support now says there was a bug which should have converted all the Descriptions to upper case. Anyone have some code I can use to do a conversion on ...

  1. Convert file to upper case?

    Just did an Item Number offline upload for MAPICS and their support now says
    there was a bug which should have converted all the Descriptions to upper
    case.

    Anyone have some code I can use to do a conversion on this file?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Convert file to upper case?

    just bob wrote:
    > Just did an Item Number offline upload for MAPICS and their
    > support now says there was a bug which should have converted
    > all the Descriptions to upper case.
    >
    > Anyone have some code I can use to do a conversion on this file?

    I infer that means one column needs the correction to convert all of
    the rows for its data to upper case. If so, then an SQL request like
    the following should effect that:

    update mapicslib.mapics_table
    set description_field = upper(description_field)

    Regards, Chuck

+ Reply to Thread