PDM & work user defined options question (API) ?? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on PDM & work user defined options question (API) ?? - IBM AS400 ; Full PDM is not installed on a machine that I am supporting. Is there a way to utilize PDM option fle with API's?? Is there an alternative to this, thanks....

  1. PDM & work user defined options question (API) ??

    Full PDM is not installed on a machine that I am supporting. Is there
    a way to utilize PDM option fle with API's?? Is there an alternative
    to this, thanks.

  2. Re: PDM & work user defined options question (API) ??

    iseriesflorida wrote:
    > Full PDM is not installed on a machine that I am supporting.
    > Is there a way to utilize PDM option file with API's??

    Open the file and read the string(s), then pass a command string to
    the QCAPCMD API. The QCMDCHK is available as well, and QCMDEXC if no
    replacement variables are present. I have a feeling this response is
    not worthwhile, so maybe more comment on what in envisioned?

    > Is there an alternative to this, thanks.

    Does /this/ refer to PDM or use of the command APIs on the stored
    string for an option? For example, is the request made of what other
    product provides a similar function? I believe WDSCi\RDi offer similar
    capabilities, as well probably other development and source management
    products. REXX [with SQL or STDIN] can process the file and could serve
    as either a shell or provide a procedure to dynamically execute a string
    of any option; using *COMMAND environment, without coding to the APIs.

    Regards, Chuck

+ Reply to Thread