calling rpgle from within in rpg2 program? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on calling rpgle from within in rpg2 program? - IBM AS400 ; can I call from within an rpg/2 (S36EE) an ILE RPG "called program"? I want to update a website from within a program and while I have the program (RPGLE) as a standalone doing such, obviously I need it to ...

  1. calling rpgle from within in rpg2 program?

    can I call from within an rpg/2 (S36EE) an ILE RPG "called program"?

    I want to update a website from within a program and while I have the
    program (RPGLE) as a standalone doing such, obviously I need it to be
    fed data from the program.

    How are parameters passed, I recall reading once, watch numerics and
    rpg/400 and ILE handle them as packed fields in packing where as s/
    36ee doesn't. (that won't be a problem).

    I guess I am wondering how I set up what would be the PLIST, etc. in
    ILE? And do I need to do anything special when I compile such?

    any examples around?

  2. Re: calling rpgle from within in rpg2 program?

    trans am kid wrote:
    > can I call from within an rpg/2 (S36EE) an ILE RPG "called program"?
    > I guess I am wondering how I set up what would be the PLIST, etc. in
    > ILE? And do I need to do anything special when I compile such?

    Your RPG 2 program just uses CALL + PARM in the usual way.

    If you don't have any numeric parameters, you don't have to change your
    ILE RPG program at all.

  3. Re: calling rpgle from within in rpg2 program?

    that I understand, I am wondering how you set up the ILE program to be
    a called program?

    On Aug 6, 9:56*pm, Barbara Morris wrote:
    > trans am kid wrote:
    > > can I call from within an rpg/2 (S36EE) an ILE RPG "called program"?
    > > I guess I am wondering how I set up what would be the PLIST, etc. in
    > > ILE? And do I need to do anything special when I compile such?

    > Your RPG 2 program just uses CALL + PARM in the usual way.
    >
    > If you don't have any numeric parameters, you don't have to change your
    > ILE RPG program at all.

  4. Re: calling rpgle from within in rpg2 program?

    trans am kid wrote:
    > that I understand, I am wondering how you set up the ILE program to be
    > a called program?

    In your first message, you said that you already have the ILE program,
    right? So if you already have the program, then you can already call it.

    No set up is required.

+ Reply to Thread