Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3 - IBM AS400 ; Hello, I'm trying to restore some object (db files) from os400 V5R4 to V5R3. The backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0. When I'm trying to restore the files, it does not work. In the joblog, the system try to create ...

  1. Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3

    Hello,
    I'm trying to restore some object (db files) from os400 V5R4 to V5R3. The
    backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0.
    When I'm trying to restore the files, it does not work. In the joblog, the
    system try to create the object with record format (maybe it works well),
    and after, a CPF3888 appear and there is no object restored.

    I tried with a save file or with a LTO cartridge. Both does not work. Even
    if the backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0, if I try to restore on another I5
    with OS V5R4M0 it's work very well.

    Thanks for help,
    Herve

  2. Re: Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3

    Free wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm trying to restore some object (db files) from os400 V5R4 to V5R3.
    > The backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0.
    > When I'm trying to restore the files, it does not work. In the joblog,
    > the system try to create the object with record format (maybe it works
    > well), and after, a CPF3888 appear and there is no object restored.
    >
    > I tried with a save file or with a LTO cartridge. Both does not work.
    > Even if the backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0, if I try to restore on
    > another I5 with OS V5R4M0 it's work very well.
    >
    > Thanks for help,
    > Herve

    What are the system values QVFYOBJRST and QALWOBJRST set to on the V5R3.
    What is the msg(s) just before CPF3888? Can you post the exact rstlib or
    rstobj cmds you are using?

  3. Re: Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3

    Free wrote:

    > I'm trying to restore some object (db files) from os400 V5R4 to V5R3.
    > The backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0.
    > When I'm trying to restore the files, it does not work. In the joblog,
    > the system try to create the object with record format (maybe it works
    > well), and after, a CPF3888 appear and there is no object restored.
    >
    > I tried with a save file or with a LTO cartridge. Both does not work.
    > Even if the backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0, if I try to restore on
    > another I5 with OS V5R4M0 it's work very well.

    I am not positive what CPF3888 is, but I believe that message is
    neither related to [3200 range is for DBF] nor applicable to database
    files. Are there other diagnostic or escape messages, and if so, what
    is the text?

    Regards, Chuck

  4. Re: Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3

    Hello,

    The command entered to restore the object was :
    RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(DENISMAT) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(DENIMAT/LTMART) MBROPT(
    *ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(QTEMP)

    In the savf there were 2 object. The lines below show all information in the
    joblog (I wrote the msgid because I'm working in french, sorry for my
    english) :

    CPF370B QDFTOWN est propriétaire de DENART2 de type FILE dans
    QTEMP.
    CPF3281 Nouveau format AFAMILF1 créé pour le fichier AFAMILP1.
    CPF3888 FILE AFAMILP1 non restauré dans QTEMP.
    CPF3292 Fichier DENART2 de la bibliothèque QTEMP restauré.
    CPF3848 1 modifications de sécurité ou de format de données.
    CPF3773 1 objets restaurés. 1 non restauré(s) dans QTEMP.

    About the system values :
    QVFYOBJRST 3
    QALWOBJRST *ALL

    For the first one, I tried also with value '1', with the same results.
    Regards,
    Herve

    "Kirk Goins" a écrit dans le message de
    > Free wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I'm trying to restore some object (db files) from os400 V5R4 to V5R3. The
    >> backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0.
    >> When I'm trying to restore the files, it does not work. In the joblog,
    >> the system try to create the object with record format (maybe it works
    >> well), and after, a CPF3888 appear and there is no object restored.
    >>
    >> I tried with a save file or with a LTO cartridge. Both does not work.
    >> Even if the backup was made with TGTRLS V5R3M0, if I try to restore on
    >> another I5 with OS V5R4M0 it's work very well.
    >>
    >> Thanks for help,
    >> Herve

    > What are the system values QVFYOBJRST and QALWOBJRST set to on the V5R3.
    > What is the msg(s) just before CPF3888? Can you post the exact rstlib or
    > rstobj cmds you are using?

  5. Re: Restore CPF3888 From V5R4 to V5R3

    Free wrote:

    > The command entered to restore the object was :
    > RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(DENISMAT) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(DENIMAT/LTMART)
    > MBROPT( *ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(QTEMP)
    >
    > In the savf there were 2 object. The lines below show all
    > information in the joblog (I wrote the msgid because I'm
    > working in french, sorry for my english) :
    >
    > CPF370B QDFTOWN owns FILE DENART2 in QTEMP.
    > CPF3281 New format AFAMILF1 created for AFAMILP1.
    > CPF3888 FILE AFAMILP1 non restauré dans QTEMP.
    > CPF3292 Fichier DENART2 de la bibliothèque QTEMP restauré.
    > CPF3848 1 modifications de sécurité ou de format de données.
    > CPF3773 1 objets restaurés. 1 non restauré(s) dans QTEMP.
    >
    > About the system values :
    > QVFYOBJRST 3
    > QALWOBJRST *ALL
    >
    > For the first one, I tried also with value '1', with the same results.

    For database files, those system values have no relevance;
    irrespective of what the text from CPF3888 might imply.

    The restore presumably resulted in several VLogs being produced; see
    STRSST,1,5,1, [from memory; adjust options as required to get to the
    Vertical Licensed Internal Code Log] to review the list of major\minor
    code pairs produced during the restore active. The same error will
    presumably occur for the more limited request to; e.g. if a new\recent
    request is valuable to easier locate the logs:
    RSTOBJ AFAMILP1 DENISMAT *SAVF) SAVF(DENIMAT/LTMART)
    MBROPT(*ALL) RSTLIB(QTEMP)

    The file may pre-create for restore, yet still be unusable for the
    data. In such cases, the following request may function, yet an attempt
    to ADDPFM will fail:
    RSTOBJ AFAMILP1 DENISMAT *SAVF) SAVF(DENIMAT/LTMART)
    FILEMBR((*ALL *NONE)) MBROPT(*ALL) RSTLIB(QTEMP)
    ADDPFM QTEMP/AFAMILP1 TEST

    If even that restore does not complete, then the VLog codes from any
    of the restore requests may hint at the problem origin.

    The problem probably should be reported & investigated by the service
    provider. However it is probable that a circumvention can be effected
    with the following steps [while leaving the file(s) available for debug
    in another library]:
    /* create a library for the problem object(s) */
    CRTLIB IBMCPF8888
    /* move the problematic file to alternate library */
    MOVOBJ DENISMAT/AFAMILP1 *FILE IBMCPF8888
    /* get list of logical files over the moved file */
    DSPDBR IBMCPF8888/AFAMILP1
    /* For each LF listed in above, MOVOBJ LFs also */
    MOVOBJ DENISMAT/&lf *FILE IBMCPF8888
    /* Create the file DENSIMAT/AFAMILP1 from source */
    CRTPF DENISMAT/AFAMILP1 SRCFILE()
    /* Verify creation parameters, comparing DSPFD of
    both; e.g. MAXMBRS() & SIZE() are very important */
    CHGPF DENISMAT/AFAMILP1 /* to make corrections */
    /* Copy the data from moved file to new file */
    CPYF IBMCPF8888/AFAMILP1 DENISMAT/AFAMILP1 FROMMBR(*ALL)
    TOMBR(*FROMMBR) FROMRCD(1) FMTOPT(*MAP)
    /* For each LF listing in above, now in IBMCPF8888: */
    CRTDUPOBJ &lf IBMCPF8888 *FILE DENISMAT
    /* correct ownership of each [new] file(s) */
    CHGOBJOWN DENISMAT/&fname *FILE CUROWNAUT(*REVOKE)
    /* correct authority for each file */
    GRTOBJAUT DENISMAT/&fname *FILE REFOBJ(IBMCPF8888/&fname)
    /* List other files which might exhibit same problem */
    DSPDBR IBMCPF8888/AFAMILP1 RCDFMT(*ALL) OUTPUT(*PRINT)

    Regards, Chuck

+ Reply to Thread