i5 515 partitioning - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on i5 515 partitioning - IBM AS400 ; Hi I have machine model 515 with 1 i5OS LPAR. I've added: 5706 PCI-X 1Gbps Ethernet-TX IOA 6598 Disk Slot Filler (Qty 4) 5593 4-Disk Slot Exp + Controller 2640 DVD-ROM and created new AIX/LINUX LPAR which contains these hardware. ...

  1. i5 515 partitioning

    Hi

    I have machine model 515 with 1 i5OS LPAR.

    I've added:
    5706 PCI-X 1Gbps Ethernet-TX IOA
    6598 Disk Slot Filler (Qty 4)
    5593 4-Disk Slot Exp + Controller
    2640 DVD-ROM

    and created new AIX/LINUX LPAR which contains these hardware.

    When I try to install AIX, installer says that didn't find any hard
    drive that can install system on it.

    On SMS menu I see only DVD and Ehthernet card. I have one 4327 disk
    connected to 5593 controller.

    I don't know if I do anything wrong?

    Tomasz

  2. Re: i5 515 partitioning

    tomasz wrote:

    > I have machine model 515 with 1 i5OS LPAR.
    >
    > I've added:
    > 5706 PCI-X 1Gbps Ethernet-TX IOA
    > 6598 Disk Slot Filler (Qty 4)
    > 5593 4-Disk Slot Exp + Controller
    > 2640 DVD-ROM
    >
    > and created new AIX/LINUX LPAR which contains these hardware.
    >
    > When I try to install AIX, installer says that didn't find any hard
    > drive that can install system on it.
    >
    > On SMS menu I see only DVD and Ehthernet card. I have one 4327 disk
    > connected to 5593 controller.
    >
    > I don't know if I do anything wrong?

    Each partition requires its own controller.

    Regards, Chuck

  3. Re: i5 515 partitioning

    I know that, controller 5593 with on hdd is dedicated to linux partition.
    i5Os partition has another controller.

    tomasz

    CRPence pisze:
    > tomasz wrote:
    >>
    >> I have machine model 515 with 1 i5OS LPAR.
    >>
    >> I've added:
    >> 5706 PCI-X 1Gbps Ethernet-TX IOA
    >> 6598 Disk Slot Filler (Qty 4)
    >> 5593 4-Disk Slot Exp + Controller
    >> 2640 DVD-ROM
    >>
    >> and created new AIX/LINUX LPAR which contains these hardware.
    >>
    >> When I try to install AIX, installer says that didn't find any hard
    >> drive that can install system on it.
    >>
    >> On SMS menu I see only DVD and Ehthernet card. I have one 4327 disk
    >> connected to 5593 controller.
    >>
    >> I don't know if I do anything wrong?

    > Each partition requires its own controller.
    >
    > Regards, Chuck

+ Reply to Thread