API Question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on API Question - IBM AS400 ; Hi All, I'm doing an update to some software that uses QLZARTV and QSZRTVPR api's to get the P-group. It works fine on my V5R2M0 box - but when I run it on my V5R4M0 box I get " P0" ...

  1. API Question

    Hi All,

    I'm doing an update to some software that uses QLZARTV and QSZRTVPR api's to
    get the P-group.

    It works fine on my V5R2M0 box - but when I run it on my V5R4M0 box I get "
    P0" instead of "P05".

    Has anyone see this before - before I completely dismantle quite a large
    program.

    Thanks

    KP

  2. Re: API Question

    KevinP wrote:

    > I'm doing an update to some software that uses QLZARTV and QSZRTVPR
    > APIs to get the P-group.
    >
    > It works fine on my V5R2M0 box - but when I run it on my V5R4M0 box
    > I get "P0" instead of "P05".
    >
    > Has anyone see this before - before I completely dismantle quite a
    > large program.

    The processor group information is trivial, so it should not require
    major effort to debug a program that calls the QLZARTV API. Dumping the
    receiver variable for that API, immediately after the call with the
    LICR0200 format, to verify that the three byres are [or are not] the
    expected values at offset 47 into the receiver should confirm the
    results. If only "P0" is there, then first verify the /bytes returned/
    in the receiver variable is actually at least 0d50 versus 0d49, and that
    the /Length of receiver variable/ as the second parameter was at least
    0x0032; it is possible that the V5R2 API call was not properly enforcing
    the smaller return size (ouch!). If that is not of help, then probably
    it is worth pursuing with your service provider.

    FWiW: Tom offers an example of the API call in CL, getting the
    processor group in an embedded _Files_ link at http://zap.to/tl400 in
    the message in the following link, and the next link is to the API doc
    for those interested:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....fc55160093f617
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...is/qlzartv.htm

    Regards, Chuck

  3. Re: API Question

    Is this APAR / PTF relevant to your environment?:
    http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf....5?OpenDocument

  4. Re: API Question

    Thanks Guys...

    I believe it is a ptf issue...I tried some of the CL code on the web -
    results being the same...

    Kevin

    "
    > P0" instead of "P05".
    >
    > Has anyone see this before - before I completely dismantle quite a large
    > program.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > KP

  5. Re: API Question

    SE28602 seems to be the corresponding APAR for that issue.

    http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...ight=2,QLZARTV

    The PTF is SI27389.

    Thomas.

    KevinP schrieb:
    > Thanks Guys...
    >
    > I believe it is a ptf issue...I tried some of the CL code on the web -
    > results being the same...
    >
    > Kevin
    >
    > "KevinP" wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I'm doing an update to some software that uses QLZARTV and QSZRTVPR api's

    >> get the P-group.
    >>
    >> It works fine on my V5R2M0 box - but when I run it on my V5R4M0 box I get

    > "
    >> P0" instead of "P05".
    >>
    >> Has anyone see this before - before I completely dismantle quite a large
    >> program.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> KP

  6. Re: API Question

    Thanks Thomas..

    I'm going to switch to MI which will bypass applying any ptf's. An example
    has be kindly provided by someone using this group who emailed me privately.

    Regards

    Kevin

    "Thomas Raddatz" wrote in message
    > SE28602 seems to be the corresponding APAR for that issue.

    http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...ight=2,QLZARTV

    > The PTF is SI27389.
    >
    > Thomas.
    >
    > KevinP schrieb:
    > > Thanks Guys...
    > >
    > > I believe it is a ptf issue...I tried some of the CL code on the web -
    > > results being the same...
    > >
    > > Kevin
    > >
    > > "KevinP" wrote in message
    > >> Hi All,
    > >>
    > >> I'm doing an update to some software that uses QLZARTV and QSZRTVPR

    api's
    > >> get the P-group.
    > >>
    > >> It works fine on my V5R2M0 box - but when I run it on my V5R4M0 box I

    get
    > > "
    > >> P0" instead of "P05".
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone see this before - before I completely dismantle quite a

    large
    > >> program.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> KP

  7. Re: API Question

    On Aug 7, 12:16*pm, "KevinP" wrote:
    > Thanks Thomas..
    >
    > I'm going to switch to MI which will bypass applying any ptf's. An example
    > has be kindly provided by someone using this group who emailed me privately.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Kevin
    >
    > "Thomas Raddatz" wrote in message
    >
    > news:g7a09a$55o$1@online.de...> SE28602 seems to be the corresponding APAR for that issue.
    >
    > http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...e1086257102005...
    >

    > > The PTF is SI27389.

    > > Thomas.

    > > KevinP schrieb:
    > > > Thanks Guys...

    > > > I believe it is a ptf issue...I tried some of the CL code on the web -
    > > > results being the same...

    > > > Kevin

    > > > "KevinP" wrote in message

    > api's

    > get
    > > > "

    > large

    Care to share the example with the rest of us?

    Thanks.

  8. Re: API Question - sorry about the late reply..

    PGM
    DCL VAR(&SERIAL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
    DCL VAR(&MODEL ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
    DCL VAR(&GROUP ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
    DCL VAR(&FEATURE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

    DCL VAR(&MSG) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(255)

    CALL PGM(*LIBL/MATMATR2) PARM(&SERIAL &MODEL +
    &GROUP &FEATURE)

    CHGVAR VAR(&MSG) VALUE('>>>---> MATMATR2 = ' || +
    &SERIAL || ',' || &MODEL || ',' || +
    &GROUP || ',' || &FEATURE || ' <---<<<')
    SNDPGMMSG MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) MSGDTA(&MSG) +
    TOPGMQ(*PRV (*)) TOMSGQ(*TOPGMQ) +
    MSGTYPE(*DIAG)
    SNDPGMMSG MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) MSGDTA(&MSG) +
    TOPGMQ(*EXT) TOMSGQ(*TOPGMQ) MSGTYPE(*STATUS)

    RETURN
    ENDPGM

    And the rpg
    H DftActGrp(*NO) ActGrp(*NEW)

    * define MATMATR MI instruction as MI "built-in" function
    DMatMAtr PR EXTPROC('_MATMATR1')
    D * VALUE
    D 2 CONST

    * working storage for use with MATMATR instruction
    D MatSerial S 2 inz(x'0004')
    D MatVPD S 2 inz(x'012C')

    * receiver templates for MATMATR MI instruction
    D SrlTemplate@ S * INZ(%addr(SrlTemplate))
    D SrlTemplate DS 512
    D srlProv 1 4B 0 INZ(%size(SrlTemplate))
    D srlAvail 5 8B 0 INZ(0)
    D SrlNbr 9 16

    D VPDTemplate@ S * INZ(%addr(VPDTemplate))
    DVPDTemplate DS 4096
    D vpdProv 1 4B 0 INZ(%size(VPDTemplate))
    D vpdAvail 5 8B 0 INZ(0)
    D PrcOffset 21 24B 0
    D CECOffset 29 32B 0

    D CECPtr S *
    D CECTemplate DS 48 based(CECPtr)
    D CECModel 17 20
    D CECGroup 25 28
    D CECFeature 34 37

    C *ENTRY PLIST
    C PARM Serial 8
    Partition ID
    C PARM Model 4
    Object name
    C PARM Group 4
    object Type
    C PARM Feature 4
    Extension

    C* initialize results with blanks
    C eval Serial = ' '
    C eval Model = ' '
    C eval Group = ' '
    C eval Feature = ' '

    C* materialize Serial Number ...
    C callp MatMAtr ( SrlTemplate@ : MatSerial )

    C if srlAvail >= 16
    * return serial number
    C eval Serial = SrlNbr
    C endif

    * materialize Vital Product Data ...
    C callp MatMAtr ( VPDTemplate@ : MatVPD )

    C if vpdAvail >= 32
    * return model, processor group and feature code
    C eval CECPtr = %addr(VPDTemplate) + CECOffset
    C eval Model = CECModel
    C eval Group = CECGroup
    C eval Feature = CECFeature
    C endif

    C* exit
    C eval *inlr = '0'
    C return

    "xyzzy" wrote in message
    On Aug 7, 12:16 pm, "KevinP" wrote:
    > Thanks Thomas..
    >
    > I'm going to switch to MI which will bypass applying any ptf's. An example
    > has be kindly provided by someone using this group who emailed me

    privately.

    > Regards
    >
    > Kevin
    >
    > "Thomas Raddatz" wrote in message
    >
    > news:g7a09a$55o$1@online.de...> SE28602 seems to be the corresponding APAR

    for that issue.

    > http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...e1086257102005...
    >

    > > The PTF is SI27389.

    > > Thomas.

    > > KevinP schrieb:
    > > > Thanks Guys...

    > > > I believe it is a ptf issue...I tried some of the CL code on the web -
    > > > results being the same...

    > > > Kevin

    > > > "KevinP" wrote in message

    > api's

    > get
    > > > "

    > large

    Care to share the example with the rest of us?

    Thanks.

  9. Re: API Question - sorry about the late reply..

    On Aug 28, 5:25*pm, "KevinP" wrote:
    > PGM

    Thanks Kevin.

+ Reply to Thread