HMC version 7 and console window - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on HMC version 7 and console window - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I'm using HMC V7. I can access on it remotely via web browser but I can't find how to launch console window of i5 partition on remote PC. In older versions of HMC it could be done using iSeriessAccess ...

  1. HMC version 7 and console window

    Hi.

    I'm using HMC V7.
    I can access on it remotely via web browser but I can't find
    how to launch console window of i5 partition on remote PC.

    In older versions of HMC it could be done using iSeriessAccess 5250
    terminal.

    Any idea?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: HMC version 7 and console window

    Its a regular Client Access session. You don't start it from the HMC
    screen like you do when directly on the HMC.
    Just setup a CA session with system name = the HMC IP address (or
    name) and user ID = Q#HMC

  3. Re: HMC version 7 and console window

    Graybeard pisze:
    > Its a regular Client Access session. You don't start it from the HMC
    > screen like you do when directly on the HMC.
    > Just setup a CA session with system name = the HMC IP address (or
    > name) and user ID = Q#HMC

    Infortunatelly it doesn't work.
    But thanks, I'll try to find out what's wrong.

    Tomasz

  4. Re: HMC version 7 and console window

    On Aug 5, 5:25*am, tomasz wrote:
    > Graybeard pisze:
    >
    > > Its a regular Client Access session. *You don't start it from the HMC
    > > screen like you do when directly on the HMC.
    > > Just setup a CA session with system name = the HMC IP address (or
    > > name) and user ID = Q#HMC

    > Infortunatelly it doesn't work.
    > But thanks, I'll try to find out what's wrong.
    >
    > Tomasz

    Point that session at port 2300.

    Thad Rizzi

  5. Re: HMC version 7 and console window

    As Thad says, port 2300 for non-SSL, 2301 for SSL providing you've
    setup the keystore. When all else fails be specific about steps
    taken, results received -- tough to diagnose anything from just "it's
    not working" :-).

    Jon

    On Aug 5, 11:27*am, Thad Rizzi wrote:
    > On Aug 5, 5:25*am, tomasz wrote:
    >
    > > Graybeard pisze:

    > > > Its a regular Client Access session. *You don't start it from the HMC
    > > > screen like you do when directly on the HMC.
    > > > Just setup a CA session with system name = the HMC IP address (or
    > > > name) and user ID = Q#HMC

    > > Infortunatelly it doesn't work.
    > > But thanks, I'll try to find out what's wrong.

    > > Tomasz

    > Point that session at port 2300.
    >
    > Thad Rizzi

  6. Re: HMC version 7 and console window

    Thad Rizzi pisze:
    > On Aug 5, 5:25 am, tomasz wrote:
    >> Graybeard pisze:
    >>
    >>> Its a regular Client Access session. You don't start it from the HMC
    >>> screen like you do when directly on the HMC.
    >>> Just setup a CA session with system name = the HMC IP address (or
    >>> name) and user ID = Q#HMC

    >> Infortunatelly it doesn't work.
    >> But thanks, I'll try to find out what's wrong.
    >>
    >> Tomasz

    > Point that session at port 2300.
    >
    > Thad Rizzi

    many thanks, I port 2300 fixed my issue