iphone or touch tn5250 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on iphone or touch tn5250 - IBM AS400 ; FYI: mocha has released a telnet 5250 program for the iphone and touch at no cost....

  1. iphone or touch tn5250

    FYI: mocha has released a telnet 5250 program for the iphone and touch
    at no cost.

  2. Re: iphone or touch tn5250

    On Jul 29, 7:44 pm, JHL wrote:
    > FYI: mocha has released a telnet 5250 program for the iphone and touch
    > at no cost.

    Mochasoft is a great product(have a site license for nearly every
    version of it...) but there is just no way in the world to make it
    very usable on a device that small. And on all the previous versions I
    tried for 'palm-sized' platforms, SSL wasn't supported, so that killed
    it dead in its tracks for me. Does SSL work with the iphone version?

    Chris

  3. Re: iphone or touch tn5250

    I tried it on a HTC S730. Just isn't workable.

    Ace

    Hal wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 7:44 pm, JHL wrote:
    >> FYI: mocha has released a telnet 5250 program for the iphone and
    >> touch at no cost.

    > Mochasoft is a great product(have a site license for nearly every
    > version of it...) but there is just no way in the world to make it
    > very usable on a device that small. And on all the previous versions I
    > tried for 'palm-sized' platforms, SSL wasn't supported, so that killed
    > it dead in its tracks for me. Does SSL work with the iphone version?
    >
    > Chris

  4. Re: iphone or touch tn5250

    I've only downloaded the lite version at this point (missing function
    key keyboard), but it works. I wouldn't want to write a program, but
    we have a nightly process that gets hung up occasionally and for
    verifying that it ran successfully it's useful to me.

    I believe it supports SSL, but I haven't used that since I was VPNing
    into the corporate network anyway.

    On Aug 2, 1:00*am, Hal wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 7:44 pm, JHL wrote:
    >
    > > FYI: mocha has released a telnet 5250 program for the iphone and touch
    > > at no cost.

    > Mochasoft is a great product(have a site license for nearly every
    > version of it...) but there is just no way in the world to make it
    > very usable on a device that small. And on all the previous versions I
    > tried for 'palm-sized' platforms, SSL wasn't supported, so that killed
    > it dead in its tracks for me. Does SSL work with the iphone version?
    >
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread