File CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on File CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library - IBM AS400 ; Hello, I found PF CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library. Size of this file is 1,3GB. Do you know what is the role of this file ? Can I delete it to release some space ? Thank you for help in advance. ...

  1. File CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library

    Hello,

    I found PF CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library. Size of this file is 1,3GB.
    Do you know what is the role of this file ? Can I delete it to release
    some space ?

    Thank you for help in advance.

    Bartosz

  2. Re: File CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library

    Its not a system file. Probably used by an application running on
    your system.

  3. Re: File CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library

    On Jul 29, 11:22*am, Graybeard wrote:
    > Its not a system file. *Probably used by an application running on
    > your system.

    Try a WRKOBJLCK OBJ(QGPL/CLIENT#ACC) OBJTYPE(*FILE) MBR(*ALL) and you
    can tell if it is in use and by what job and user.

    Do a DSPOBJD OBJ(QGPL/CLIENT#ACC) OBJTYPE(*FILE) on it and if usage
    info is being collected on it you can detrmine when it was last used.
    You can also see by who and when it was created.

    Do a DSPDBR FILE(QGPL/CLIENT#ACC) and you can see what logicals, if
    any, are built on it.

    If there are no locks and it hasn't been used in awhile you could try
    renaming and see if anyone or any program complains. Definite risk
    there so you didn't hear that from me. ;-)

    HTH,

    Thad Rizzi

  4. Re: File CLIENT#ACC in QGPL library

    Thank you for your help

    I just look into File Member and it seems that is EXE file ( starting
    with "MZP" and several times "Client Access V4R5" text inside of file)
    I'm using V5R3 so probably this file is not needed....

+ Reply to Thread