Never-ending list of QOpenSys folders - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Never-ending list of QOpenSys folders - IBM AS400 ; Hi there, I am perplexed by the folder/directory structure I'm seeing in my IFS. There are many, many QOpenSys folders nested underneath the previous one. Now - I have been playing with creating a wiki on our iseries, but for ...

  1. Never-ending list of QOpenSys folders

    Hi there,
    I am perplexed by the folder/directory structure I'm seeing in my
    IFS. There are many, many QOpenSys folders nested underneath the
    previous one.

    Now - I have been playing with creating a wiki on our iseries, but for
    the most part, I'm only dealing with the www/zendcore/htdocs folder.

    I'm wondering if our IFS was always like this... is this normal? OR
    did I muck it up somehow?

    Using WRKLNK command, it looks something like this:

    Directory . . . . : /QOpenSys/QOpenSys/QOpenSys/QOpenSys/QOpenSys/
    QOpenSys

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Never-ending list of QOpenSys folders

    That is because /QOpenSys/QOpenSys is a symbolic link to /QOpenSys, so if
    you follow the link all the time, you will see this. You did not 'muck it
    up'.

    WRKLNK OBJ('/QOpenSys/QOpenSys') DETAIL(*EXTENDED) will show that it is a
    SYMLNK to a DIR.

    --
    Margaret Fenlon
    Integrated File System and Servers - IBM i

    "bo" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > I am perplexed by the folder/directory structure I'm seeing in my
    > IFS. There are many, many QOpenSys folders nested underneath the
    > previous one.
    >
    > Now - I have been playing with creating a wiki on our iseries, but for
    > the most part, I'm only dealing with the www/zendcore/htdocs folder.
    >
    > I'm wondering if our IFS was always like this... is this normal? OR
    > did I muck it up somehow?
    >
    > Using WRKLNK command, it looks something like this:
    >
    > Directory . . . . : /QOpenSys/QOpenSys/QOpenSys/QOpenSys/QOpenSys/
    > QOpenSys
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Never-ending list of QOpenSys folders

    Thanks - I was a little worried....