Screen help please - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Screen help please - IBM AS400 ; I have a subfile program that calls other programs. When I come back from the call, regardless of which other program was called, the text on my subfile control record is gone. It keeps the fields that are output, but ...

  1. Screen help please

    I have a subfile program that calls other programs. When I come back
    from the call, regardless of which other program was called, the text
    on my subfile control record is gone. It keeps the fields that are
    output, but all labels are missing from the screen. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Alida

  2. Re: Screen help please

    "Alida" skrev i en meddelelse
    >I have a subfile program that calls other programs. When I come back
    > from the call, regardless of which other program was called, the text
    > on my subfile control record is gone. It keeps the fields that are
    > output, but all labels are missing from the screen. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help!
    > Alida

    Change the first display file to RSTDSP(*YES),

  3. Re: Screen help please

    On Jul 28, 11:00*am, "Kaj Julius"
    wrote:
    > "Alida" skrev i en meddelelsenews:e889831a-4ba0-47b8-b2fb-8c5697582fd5@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > >I have a subfile program that calls other programs. *When I come back
    > > from the call, regardless of which other program was called, the text
    > > on my subfile control record is gone. *It keeps the fields that are
    > > output, but all labels are missing from the screen. *Any ideas?

    > > Thanks in advance for the help!
    > > Alida

    > Change the first display file to RSTDSP(*YES),

    It already had that on there so I prompted and forced it back again
    then recompiled - it worked! Thanks!

  4. Re: Screen help please

    You should not use RSTDSP(*YES) unless you know what this function is
    doing, the default is *NO for a reason.

    Your program was failing because it was not repainting its display (ie.
    writing the SFLCTL record) when the called program completed.

    You use RSTDSP(*YES) if your program can be interrupted either by an
    attention program that opens a display file, or by a message handling
    program that opens a display file. In virtually all other cases you do
    not need to use RSTDSP. RSTDSP causes the contents of the current
    display to be saved when the program is suspended and then restored when
    the program resumes. The restore operation can then cause undesired
    flashing of the display and cursor jumps if the suspended program does
    act responsibly and repaints its display.

    "Alida" wrote in message
    On Jul 28, 11:00 am, "Kaj Julius"
    wrote:
    > "Alida" skrev i en
    > meddelelsenews:e889831a-4ba0-47b8-b2fb-8c5697582fd5@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > >I have a subfile program that calls other programs. When I come back
    > > from the call, regardless of which other program was called, the
    > > text
    > > on my subfile control record is gone. It keeps the fields that are
    > > output, but all labels are missing from the screen. Any ideas?

    > > Thanks in advance for the help!
    > > Alida

    > Change the first display file to RSTDSP(*YES),

    It already had that on there so I prompted and forced it back again
    then recompiled - it worked! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread