How to create a SAVF file for my library(Schema)? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How to create a SAVF file for my library(Schema)? - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I would like to create a SAVF file for my Library. I have created the Library, it has 5 tables. How do create the SAVF file for my Library? Please let me know if you know the answer. Thanks, ...

  1. How to create a SAVF file for my library(Schema)?

    Hi,

    I would like to create a SAVF file for my Library.
    I have created the Library, it has 5 tables.
    How do create the SAVF file for my Library?

    Please let me know if you know the answer.

    Thanks,
    Veera

  2. Re: How to create a SAVF file for my library(Schema)?

    Hi

    While you've created save file (CRTSAVF FILE), you can save your library
    to that save file using:

    SAVLIB LIB(YOURLIB) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(FILE)

    Remember, your tables cannot be locked by any process while saving.

    Tomasz

    pveerasekar@gmail.com pisze:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to create a SAVF file for my Library.
    > I have created the Library, it has 5 tables.
    > How do create the SAVF file for my Library?
    >
    > Please let me know if you know the answer.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Veera

  3. Re: How to create a SAVF file for my library(Schema)?

    Hi Tomasz,

    Thank you verymuch for the information.
    It helps lot for me.

    Veera