as400 software - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on as400 software - IBM AS400 ; hi , could you please tell me from where can i get the demo soft as400 for client pc . i want to do practice at home ....

  1. as400 software

    hi , could you please tell me from where can i get the demo soft
    as400 for client pc .
    i want to do practice at home .

  2. Re: as400 software

    On Jul 23, 12:33*pm, Amit wrote:
    > hi , could you please tell me from where can i get the demo soft
    > as400 for client pc .
    > i want to do practice at home .

    There used to be a product called Baby/400 that let you run iSeries
    applications in an environment on a Windows server or something
    similar. Haven't heard of anyone using it in a very long time. I'm
    not aware of any sort of general emulator that pretends to be an
    iSeries.

    One option you might consider is using a service like TimeShare400
    that lets you have access from home to an iSeries over the internet
    for a monthly fee. I've never used them, but they've been around for
    years and I've never heard anything bad about them.
    http://www.timeshare400.com/Individuals.htm

  3. Re: as400 software

    oogla skrev den 23-07-2008 22:58:
    > On Jul 23, 12:33 pm, Amit wrote:
    >> hi , could you please tell me from where can i get the demo soft
    >> as400 for client pc .
    >> i want to do practice at home .

    > There used to be a product called Baby/400 that let you run iSeries
    > applications in an environment on a Windows server or something
    > similar. Haven't heard of anyone using it in a very long time. I'm
    > not aware of any sort of general emulator that pretends to be an
    > iSeries.

    Looks like it is still around

    http://nortoncomputerservices.com/baby400.htm

    Interesting approach there

    --
    Thorbjørn

  4. Re: as400 software

    Try Google for Time Shares?
    D.J.
    "Amit" wrote in message
    > hi , could you please tell me from where can i get the demo soft
    > as400 for client pc .
    > i want to do practice at home .

+ Reply to Thread