MIMIX Questions - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on MIMIX Questions - IBM AS400 ; I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that check on things etc. Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects are out of sync between machines. Thanks....

  1. MIMIX Questions

    I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that
    check on things etc.
    Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects
    are out of sync between machines.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: MIMIX Questions

    iseriesflorida wrote:
    > I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that
    > check on things etc.
    > Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects
    > are out of sync between machines.

    Option 6 on the link and then subset and show only *INACT files ;-)
    (Those who have OrionHA will get the joke)

    You didn't have training on the product? I always include analysis of
    the customers needs for HA, implementation, training and role-swap test
    in the proposal. We are not selling just the product and this is our
    strength from other partners that are selling HA products.

    --
    Dejan
    Remove wirus from e-mail address

  3. Re: MIMIX Questions

    MIMIX/WRKDG ist your best friend

    BLUE is cool
    YELLOW is yelling
    RED ist bad

    >I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that
    > check on things etc.
    > Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects
    > are out of sync between machines.
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. Re: MIMIX Questions

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:34:58 -0700, iseriesflorida wrote:

    > I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that
    > check on things etc.
    > Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects are
    > out of sync between machines.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Ask your company to either have someone come in, or go for training.
    Believe me it is one of the best things you can do. There is just way too
    much to these products to discuss in a Newsgroup.

    Jason

    http://www.usenet.com

  5. Re: MIMIX Questions

    Stupid Shoe wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:34:58 -0700, iseriesflorida wrote:
    >
    >> I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that
    >> check on things etc.
    >> Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects are
    >> out of sync between machines.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Ask your company to either have someone come in, or go for training.
    > Believe me it is one of the best things you can do. There is just way too
    > much to these products to discuss in a Newsgroup.

    There sure is. These products are complicated enough just operating
    normally to replicate data and objects, but when you consider the steps
    required to conduct successful switch tests, in order to test your DR/HA
    system, the complexity rises by orders of magnitude. My employer has
    conducted three extremely difficult, lengthy, lots-of-prep DR tests this
    year, on two production partitions - that means six tests total - and
    we're still not yet at a point where we feel confident we can do a
    fail-over and run for a week on the DR box and then fail back. I often
    look at our Mimix status, and figuring out exactly what's causing the
    error, and what's needed to resolve it, is a new game each time. We're
    getting better at it, and we will eventually get some training - our
    contract negotiator craftily got that worked into the renewal contract a
    few months ago - but getting a good handle on Mimix or any other DR/HA
    application is no walk in the park.

  6. Re: MIMIX Questions

    HOURLY / DAILY
    Monitor Message queues and Message Logs for unusual and/or critical
    messages
    o WRKMSGQ QSYSOPR
    o WRKMSGQ MIMIXQGPL/MIMIX
    o MIMIX/WRKMSGLOG
    o Monitor Data Group status
    X Check for files entries on hold
    X Check for files entries not active
    X Check for files entries not journaled
    X Check for failed object activity entries
    X Check for active object activity entries that are older than 30
    minutes old
    X If file entry or object entry errors are found, resolve the error
    and resynchronize the file/object
    X Data Group Replication is active
    X Data Group Replication is not behind
    o Monitor the MIMIX Manager and active jobs status.
    o MIMIX/WRKSYS
    X The System and Journal Managers are active
    o WRKACTJOB SBS(MIMIXSBS)
    X Insure that no jobs in the MIMIXSBS subsystems are in message wait.
    o Monitor DASD utilization
    X WRKSYSSTS
    X Review the DASD utilization to insure that it is within acceptable
    limits.
    and
    Review the Audits and the results.

    V5 of the product has several enhancements for autoguard - self
    healing and will repair several issues that could come up.

  7. Re: MIMIX Questions

    On Jul 17, 5:34*pm, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > I am new to MIMIX, can anyone list some of the simple commands that
    > check on things etc.
    > Lastly, are there any tools that will quickly show you which objects
    > are out of sync between machines.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can also make use of the Availability Manager which is a web
    enabled gui to give an easier experience for customers.

    to start the AM use the following command on the green screen.

    LAKEVIEW/STRMMXAM

    The open the browser of your choice and use the following URL

    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8410/mimix/Login

    where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is either the system name or IP address of the
    system you have entered the above command,

    Using this you can monitor multiple systems

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread