Has IBM implemented DNS security fix? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Has IBM implemented DNS security fix? - IBM AS400 ; Has IBM implemented security fix for System I (AS/400)? I mean the DNS problem found by Dan Kaminsky and referred in www.doxpara.com If so, wich PTFs are available for V5R3M0?...

  1. Has IBM implemented DNS security fix?

    Has IBM implemented security fix for System I (AS/400)?

    I mean the DNS problem found by Dan Kaminsky and referred in www.doxpara.com

    If so, wich PTFs are available for V5R3M0?

  2. Re: Has IBM implemented DNS security fix?

    "CENTRINO" wrote in message
    > Has IBM implemented security fix for System I (AS/400)?
    >
    > I mean the DNS problem found by Dan Kaminsky and referred in
    > www.doxpara.com

    What DNS problem?? That web page waffles on and on, but dosn't seem to say
    what the problem actually is - just that "everyone" has collaborated to ffix
    it.

    The neat little testing facility says I don't appear to have this "problem"
    ..... which is very nice to know, but it would help to know what it was
    beyond simply a problem "that would allow malicious people to impersonate
    almost any website on the Internet".

    > If so, wich PTFs are available for V5R3M0?

  3. Re: Has IBM implemented DNS security fix?

    I don't know the specifics of this particular vulnerability, but it's
    cache poisoning that would allow "... malicious people to impersonate
    almost any website on the Internet."

    The vulnerability was something to do with allowing changes
    (redirecting to other sites) when it shouldn't have...

    --
    Bob Comer

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:02:41 +0100, "Richard" <(none)> wrote:

    >"CENTRINO" wrote in message
    >> Has IBM implemented security fix for System I (AS/400)?
    >>
    >> I mean the DNS problem found by Dan Kaminsky and referred in
    >> www.doxpara.com

    >What DNS problem?? That web page waffles on and on, but dosn't seem to say
    >what the problem actually is - just that "everyone" has collaborated to ffix
    >it.
    >
    >The neat little testing facility says I don't appear to have this "problem"
    >.... which is very nice to know, but it would help to know what it was
    >beyond simply a problem "that would allow malicious people to impersonate
    >almost any website on the Internet".
    >

    >> If so, wich PTFs are available for V5R3M0?

+ Reply to Thread