RAM utlisation - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on RAM utlisation - IBM AS400 ; Hi. How can I check RAM utylisation on my 9406-520 with V5R3M0. Tomasz...

  1. RAM utlisation

    Hi.

    How can I check RAM utylisation on my 9406-520 with V5R3M0.

    Tomasz

  2. Re: RAM utlisation

    Use WRKSYSSTS. "Current unprotect used" is the current RAM usage,
    "Maximum unprotect" is the highest value "Current unprotect used" has
    reached since the last IPL.
    I don't know of any way to determine how much RAM in each memory pool
    is currently in use, the best I know of is to check the Faulting (data
    requested was not in RAM) and Paging (data loaded into RAM) counts.

  3. Re: RAM utlisation

    Hi

    I see:

    Current unprotect used . : 18666 M
    Maximum unprotect . . . : 30137 M

    Machine has 1024MB x 8 (8 gigs) so it is strange.
    Current unprotected show 18 gigs ?

    tomasz

    On 7 Lip, 11:58, "walker.l2" wrote:
    > Use WRKSYSSTS. "Current unprotect used" is the current RAM usage,
    > "Maximum unprotect" is the highest value "Current unprotect used" has
    > reached since the last IPL.
    > I don't know of any way to determine how much RAM in each memory pool
    > is currently in use, the best I know of is to check the Faulting (data
    > requested was not in RAM) and Paging (data loaded into RAM) counts.

  4. Re: RAM utlisation

    That means that you have used all 8G RAM, and have 10G swap space
    (what would be pagefile.sys on Windows) in use.

  5. Re: RAM utlisation

    tomasz wrote in
    m:

    > Hi
    >
    > I see:
    >
    > Current unprotect used . : 18666 M
    > Maximum unprotect . . . : 30137 M
    >
    > Machine has 1024MB x 8 (8 gigs) so it is strange.
    > Current unprotected show 18 gigs ?
    >

    > tomasz
    >

    > On 7 Lip, 11:58, "walker.l2" wrote:
    >> Use WRKSYSSTS. "Current unprotect used" is the current RAM usage,
    >> "Maximum unprotect" is the highest value "Current unprotect used"
    >> has reached since the last IPL.
    >> I don't know of any way to determine how much RAM in each memory
    >> pool is currently in use, the best I know of is to check the
    >> Faulting (data requested was not in RAM) and Paging (data loaded
    >> into RAM) counts.

    Actually, all the memory is in use - the values to look at are against
    each pool to see how efficiently its being used. High faulting rates
    in one pool might mean that you need to move memory from a pool with
    low faulting rates - or turn on the QPFRADJ system value to let the
    system do it for you. Other things you may need to change would bee
    activity levels and whether you use *CALC or *FIXED for the paging
    option.

    Any memory not required immediately is used as cache.

    --
    Mike Buglass

  6. Re: RAM utlisation

    Thanks for all answers.
    It's very helpfull.

    Tomasz

    NOQ pisze:
    > tomasz wrote in
    > m:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I see:
    >>
    >> Current unprotect used . : 18666 M
    >> Maximum unprotect . . . : 30137 M
    >>
    >> Machine has 1024MB x 8 (8 gigs) so it is strange.
    >> Current unprotected show 18 gigs ?
    >>

    >> tomasz
    >>

    >> On 7 Lip, 11:58, "walker.l2" wrote:
    >>> Use WRKSYSSTS. "Current unprotect used" is the current RAM usage,
    >>> "Maximum unprotect" is the highest value "Current unprotect used"
    >>> has reached since the last IPL.
    >>> I don't know of any way to determine how much RAM in each memory
    >>> pool is currently in use, the best I know of is to check the
    >>> Faulting (data requested was not in RAM) and Paging (data loaded
    >>> into RAM) counts.

    > Actually, all the memory is in use - the values to look at are against
    > each pool to see how efficiently its being used. High faulting rates
    > in one pool might mean that you need to move memory from a pool with
    > low faulting rates - or turn on the QPFRADJ system value to let the
    > system do it for you. Other things you may need to change would bee
    > activity levels and whether you use *CALC or *FIXED for the paging
    > option.
    >
    > Any memory not required immediately is used as cache.

+ Reply to Thread