Retrieve Spool File's Attribute into Excel Columns - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Retrieve Spool File's Attribute into Excel Columns - IBM AS400 ; It is possible to retrieve spool file's attribute(e.g. Spooled File, Job Name, User and Number) to Excel and allocate them in respective column. My problem is I want to build a spool file retrieval tool like "iSeries Navigator - Printer ...

  1. Retrieve Spool File's Attribute into Excel Columns

    It is possible to retrieve spool file's attribute(e.g. Spooled File,
    Job Name, User and Number) to Excel and allocate them in respective
    column.

    My problem is I want to build a spool file retrieval tool like
    "iSeries Navigator - Printer Output" does, to allow user drag and drop
    the spool file and able to save as PDF, but I couldn't get the spool
    file's attribute.

    I've try CPYSPLF to a file but the data chunk into one column instead.

    anyone?

  2. make flat file then retrieve spool's attributes

    > It is possible to retrieve spool file's attribute(e.g. Spooled File,
    > Job Name, User and Number) to Excel and allocate them in respective
    > column.

    try to run WRKSPLF command to *print. Next read each attribute from flat
    file and put them into according column in table/sheet. Or mayby WRKSPLFA
    will be hint for you ?

    kind regards
    Pegaz.

  3. Re: Retrieve Spool File's Attribute into Excel Columns

    Sphenix wrote:
    > It is possible to retrieve spool file's attribute(e.g. Spooled File,
    > Job Name, User and Number) to Excel and allocate them in respective
    > column.
    >
    > My problem is I want to build a spool file retrieval tool like
    > "iSeries Navigator - Printer Output" does, to allow user drag and drop
    > the spool file and able to save as PDF, but I couldn't get the spool
    > file's attribute.
    >
    > I've try CPYSPLF to a file but the data chunk into one column instead.
    >
    > anyone?

    My SPLTOOL utility (www.bvstools.com/spltool.html) has a command called
    SPLATT (List Spooled File Attributes) that you tell it a bunch of parms
    like output queue, file name, job name, user data, etc and it will
    create a physical file with all of the matching spooled file's attributes.

    It may help, it may not. I don't understand how you are getting this
    into Excel. ODBC?

    Brad
    www.bvstools.com

+ Reply to Thread