Good Starter Book on SQL on AS/400 or iSeries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Good Starter Book on SQL on AS/400 or iSeries - IBM AS400 ; Hey, I am looking for a good starter book to understand and use SQL on the system. Any recommendations? I do plan to use SQL natively as well imbedded into CL and RPG programs. I know it is a great ...

  1. Good Starter Book on SQL on AS/400 or iSeries

    Hey, I am looking for a good starter book to understand and use SQL on the
    system. Any recommendations?

    I do plan to use SQL natively as well imbedded into CL and RPG programs. I
    know it is a great tool..and I do look forward to understanding it and
    utilized it.

    Thanks for your help.

    Gil

  2. Re: Good Starter Book on SQL on AS/400 or iSeries

    On Jun 25, 8:31 pm, "Gil" wrote:
    > Hey, I am looking for a good starter book to understand and use SQL on the
    > system. Any recommendations?
    >
    > I do plan to use SQL natively as well imbedded into CL and RPG programs. I
    > know it is a great tool..and I do look forward to understanding it and
    > utilized it.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Gil

    Gil,

    Any basic SQL book will work pretty well. I believe there are a few
    DB2 for iSeries books. But don't be shy to take advantage of what IBM
    gives away.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v5r3/index.jsp
    If you want/need more examples, I do have a suggestion. The AS/400
    Programmer's Handbook Volume II by Mark McCall. I have used it a lot
    for syntax examples for RPG and CL as well.

    HTH
    Mark.

+ Reply to Thread