prescibe in afpds spool file. - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on prescibe in afpds spool file. - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I have a spoolfile that has overlays/barcodes etc. I must send this spoolfile to a kyrocera printer with lpd. Spoolfile have type *AFPDS. In scs i could use x'34C800' to add extra controledata to the printstream. In ipds i ...

  1. prescibe in afpds spool file.

    Hi,

    I have a spoolfile that has overlays/barcodes etc. I must send this
    spoolfile to a kyrocera printer with lpd.
    Spoolfile have type *AFPDS.

    In scs i could use x'34C800' to add extra controledata to the printstream.
    In ipds i could use trsdta.

    Is there any way i can insert into the apfds datastream a ascii/ebc script ?

    Erik

  2. Re: prescibe in afpds spool file.

    il 27/05/2008 18.50, Scrive Erik 38298720:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a spoolfile that has overlays/barcodes etc. I must send this
    > spoolfile to a kyrocera printer with lpd.
    > Spoolfile have type *AFPDS.
    >
    > In scs i could use x'34C800' to add extra controledata to the printstream.
    > In ipds i could use trsdta.
    >
    > Is there any way i can insert into the apfds datastream a ascii/ebc script ?
    >
    > Erik

    I don't think so. Assuming you're using HPT, then it doesn't support
    partial transparency, therefore if you want to send your own datastream
    to the printer, you should build an *USRASCII spooled file, or rely on
    HTP methods, that is *WSCST and spool attributes.

  3. Re: prescibe in afpds spool file.

    Solved it in the WSCST :

    :ADDDRWTBLE
    NUMBER= 101
    DATA ='1B266C323048'X
    '40504A4C20534554204F555442494E3D'X /*@PJL SET OUTBIN=*/
    '4B545241593446414345444F574E'X. /*KTRAY4FACEDOWN*/

    "Dr.UgoGagliardelli" schreef in bericht
    > il 27/05/2008 18.50, Scrive Erik 38298720:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a spoolfile that has overlays/barcodes etc. I must send this
    >> spoolfile to a kyrocera printer with lpd.
    >> Spoolfile have type *AFPDS.
    >>
    >> In scs i could use x'34C800' to add extra controledata to the
    >> printstream.
    >> In ipds i could use trsdta.
    >>
    >> Is there any way i can insert into the apfds datastream a ascii/ebc
    >> script ?
    >>
    >> Erik

    > I don't think so. Assuming you're using HPT, then it doesn't support
    > partial transparency, therefore if you want to send your own datastream to
    > the printer, you should build an *USRASCII spooled file, or rely on HTP
    > methods, that is *WSCST and spool attributes.
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

+ Reply to Thread