Odd FTP error - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Odd FTP error - IBM AS400 ; I was trying to update DBU to version 8, using their Windows executable. However I am receiving the following error on our iSeries thru the FTP server, which Prodata uses to upload the iSeries software: Additional Message Information Message ID ...

  1. Odd FTP error

    I was trying to update DBU to version 8, using their Windows executable.
    However I am receiving the following error on our iSeries thru the FTP
    server, which Prodata uses to upload the iSeries software:

    Additional Message Information

    Message ID . . . . . . : TCP3D0B Severity . . . . . . . : 00
    Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
    Date sent . . . . . . : 05/22/08 Time sent . . . . . . : 12:33:21

    Message . . . . : FTP operation denied by Host Application
    Administration.
    Cause . . . . . : FTP Host Application Function QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ_10
    denied for user QSECOFR.
    Recovery . . . : Check the Host Application Administration function
    usage
    for user QSECOFR. Contact the security administrator for additional
    information.

    Anyone heard of this before? Something new in V5R4 that I missed?

  2. Re: Odd FTP error

    On May 22, 3:16*pm, Thomas Hauber wrote:
    > I was trying to update DBU to version 8, using their Windows executable.
    > * However I am receiving the following error on our iSeries thru the FTP
    > server, which Prodata uses to upload the iSeries software:
    >
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * *Additional Message Information
    >
    > * Message ID . . . . . . : * TCP3D0B * * * Severity . . . . . . .. : * 00
    > * Message type . . . . . : * Diagnostic
    > * Date sent *. . . . . . : * 05/22/08 * * *Time sent *. . . .. . . : 12:33:21
    >
    > * Message . . . . : * FTP operation denied by Host Application
    > Administration.
    > * Cause . . . . . : * FTP Host Application Function QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ_10
    > * * denied for user QSECOFR.
    > * Recovery *. . . : * Check the Host Application Administration function
    > usage
    > * * for user QSECOFR. Contact the security administrator for additional
    > * * information.
    >
    > Anyone heard of this before? *Something new in V5R4 that I missed?
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    A Google search found this which looks promising:

    http://archive.midrange.com/midrange.../msg01068.html

+ Reply to Thread