How can restrict (block) a part of parameter control language - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How can restrict (block) a part of parameter control language - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, I need to know if i can do this in v5r4 we can display one specific spool file, in this case i need restrict the part of the parameter for example only de user in the parameter SELECT, ...

  1. How can restrict (block) a part of parameter control language

    Hi all,

    I need to know if i can do this in v5r4 we can display one specific
    spool file, in this case i need restrict the part of the parameter for
    example only de user in the parameter SELECT, with ?* block all the
    parameter, but how can i block only the user for example can you help
    me please?

    WRKSPLF ?*SELECT(ADMUSR *N *N *N *N *N)
    JOB(*ALL)

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: How can restrict (block) a part of parameter control language

    On May 22, 12:07*pm, iflor...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to know if i can do this in v5r4 we can display one specific
    > spool file, in this case i need restrict the part of the parameter for
    > example only de user in the parameter SELECT, with ?* block all the
    > parameter, but how can i block only the user for example can you help
    > me please?
    >
    > WRKSPLF * *?*SELECT(ADMUSR *N *N *N *N *N)
    > * * * * * * *JOB(*ALL)
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    You could probably build a new paramater and hide(omit) parts of it or
    hard code parts of it so that they cannot change it.

  3. Re: How can restrict (block) a part of parameter control language

    On May 22, 5:07*pm, iflor...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to know if i can do this in v5r4 we can display one specific
    > spool file, in this case i need restrict the part of the parameter for
    > example only de user in the parameter SELECT, with ?* block all the
    > parameter, but how can i block only the user for example can you help
    > me please?
    >
    > WRKSPLF * *?*SELECT(ADMUSR *N *N *N *N *N)
    > * * * * * * *JOB(*ALL)
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    I think you will have to create a new command pointing to a small clp
    which allows this by only specifying the user as the command parm &
    passing it to wrksplf.

    Jonathan

  4. Re: How can restrict (block) a part of parameter control language

    Check out the command exits.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...pis/xcartv.htm
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...pis/xcachg.htm

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Working on a new project. Former technical team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400)

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

+ Reply to Thread