DDNS and DHCP by guided example. - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on DDNS and DHCP by guided example. - IBM AS400 ; I'd like to configure a V5R4M0 DDNS and DHCP. The Dynamic DNS should resolve internet names and also be authoritative for its intranet zone and DHCP updated. Would I need to define 3 zones? one for internet, another for Dynamic ...

  1. DDNS and DHCP by guided example.

    I'd like to configure a V5R4M0 DDNS and DHCP.

    The Dynamic DNS should resolve internet names and also be authoritative for
    its intranet zone and DHCP updated.

    Would I need to define 3 zones? one for internet, another for Dynamic DHCP
    updates and the last one for static intranet name resolution?

    Is there any guided example you know about?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: DDNS and DHCP by guided example.

    On May 20, 9:05*am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > I'd like to configure a V5R4M0 DDNS and DHCP.
    >
    > The Dynamic DNS should resolve internet names and also be authoritative for
    > its intranet zone and DHCP updated.
    >
    > Would I need to define 3 zones? one for internet, another for Dynamic DHCP
    > updates and the last one for static intranet name resolution?
    >
    > Is there any guided example you know about?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Centrino, I have worked on this in the past but not using DDNS, I know
    you can only configure it using ISERIES Access. I believe you will
    have to provide a primary and secondary DNS zone. So long as the
    primary DNS can get out to the internet and resolve locally I think
    you will be ok, I am not sure if this answers your questions. I would
    set it up and put it through the paces to see what it might/can or
    cannot do. If you get most of it working and have issues you can
    always call IBM so long as you have support or troobleshoot test it on
    your own. The DHCP portion worked very nice as well.

+ Reply to Thread