Problems with Virtual L2TP line - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Problems with Virtual L2TP line - IBM AS400 ; The origin system starts comunication and it is stablished, and works, but after less than a minute, I get on the target system a log with: TCP8242 Reason code 8 wich means it's been issued an ENDTCPPTP o ENDJOB and ...

  1. Problems with Virtual L2TP line

    The origin system starts comunication and it is stablished, and works, but
    after less than a minute, I get on the target system a log with:

    TCP8242 Reason code 8 wich means it's been issued an ENDTCPPTP o ENDJOB and
    the communication drops.

    Also received TCP8241: the remote peer requests termination

    The termination request packet conained 0 bytes

    Origin system is at V5R4M0 and target system is V5R3M0.

    It seems that the originating system is requesting termination ...

    Any clue ?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Problems with Virtual L2TP line

    On May 19, 10:33*am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > The origin system starts comunication and it is stablished, and works, but
    > after less than a minute, I get on the target system *a log with:
    >
    > TCP8242 Reason code 8 wich means it's been issued an ENDTCPPTP o ENDJOB and
    > the communication drops.
    >
    > Also received TCP8241: the remote peer requests termination
    >
    > *The termination request packet conained 0 bytes
    >
    > Origin system is at V5R4M0 and target system is V5R3M0.
    >
    > It seems that the originating system is requesting termination ...
    >
    > Any clue ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Centrino, I found this link that might help, looks like you need to
    turn off CHAP.

    http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...1?OpenDocument

  3. Re: Problems with Virtual L2TP line

    Thanks, any way the return code is 8 and the airticle one is 5,
    I'll give a try

    Thanks again.

    "iseriesflorida" escribió en el mensaje
    On May 19, 10:33 am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > The origin system starts comunication and it is stablished, and works, but
    > after less than a minute, I get on the target system a log with:
    >
    > TCP8242 Reason code 8 wich means it's been issued an ENDTCPPTP o ENDJOB
    > and
    > the communication drops.
    >
    > Also received TCP8241: the remote peer requests termination
    >
    > The termination request packet conained 0 bytes
    >
    > Origin system is at V5R4M0 and target system is V5R3M0.
    >
    > It seems that the originating system is requesting termination ...
    >
    > Any clue ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Centrino, I found this link that might help, looks like you need to
    turn off CHAP.

    http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...1?OpenDocument

+ Reply to Thread